Ok Chaps

If you have any issues with the Flight Server, please post here.
Mutley

Ok Chaps

Post by Mutley »

Ok chaps settle down n listen in got alot to cover.

Server 1.58

Cant for the life of me work out why i cant join it. Range targets are installed yet it still says that they are not ghhrrrrrrrrrr.

2.2 server i join and get the chose coalition screen then it boots me. Ghhrrrrrr

on the plus side Squadron skins are working loaded via jsme mod enabler so i know that it works.

I have one other thing maybe 2 things to try, gona try the rename saved game thing as posted here on site. been at it for 4 hrs now all i see is file struture in front my eyes lol .

That is all carry on Chaps. oh and naffi Break !

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Ok Chaps

Post by Neil Willis »

I have just rebooted the server, so it may clear the issue.

There is a known problem with multiplayer operations. You may have to refresh the list several times before you can see the RAF Air servers. We are currently investigating a change that could well end these issues once and for all.

2.2 sounds like it could be an issue at your end. Renaming your saved games folder, and running a repair of DCS World may help.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

ok been at it for nearly 6 hrs.

Renaming saved game makes no differance for both versions. turning off firewall makes no differance.

Have tryied every permitation possible all with no joy. only thing i noticed was game started faster with new saved game folders.

Short of taking 4ilb lump hammer to the hard drive i am out of ideas. Actully gona try one more thing on both versions upgrade repair. if that no work then i really have no idea.

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

progress report or shud i say lack of progress.

so both game versions cleaned repaired updated. did notice new runtimes were installed. maybe our servers need new runtimes?

only other and last thought is placement of the range target files.

Now i belive they shud be placed in saved games dcs etc Mod/Tech and nowhere else. Is this correct ? also ive got rid of jsme for now as thought clean out start again.

Thats it ive tryed everything.

i just gonna wait for you chaps to direct me.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

If you cannot see the server in the list, you could try connecting by IP address.

The button to push is at the top right hand side of the multiplayer screen. The IP Address is: 94.23.28.177:10308 for 1.5.8 and 94.23.28.177:10309 for 2.2.

The other factor could be that you're not running the latest version of DCS World. Have you done an update recently?

Hope that helps.
ImageImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Neil Willis wrote:If you cannot see the server in the list, you could try connecting by IP address.

The button to push is at the top right hand side of the multiplayer screen. The IP Address is: 94.23.28.177:10308 for 1.5.8 and 94.23.28.177:10309 for 2.2.

The other factor could be that you're not running the latest version of DCS World. Have you done an update recently?

Hope that helps.
i can see the servers np ive done all the above and more

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I also cannot Join the Server. It tells me I must have 476th Range Targets by Noodle & Straw. I do have Range Targets installed, and I can find no update since Nov 2017.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Ok chaps. Ive fixed the issue.

I laid down for ten mins and was just about to drop off when it hit me what was wrong.

Such a silly schoolboy error iam embrassed to post it but here goes.

So i thought ok so the server looks for a file called blah blah range targets. so i swore at the DCS folder in japanese and upon checking saved games dcs blah blah Mods/Tech i noticed i only had the files from range target and not the main flolder !

So i sore at my co pilot Chewie and blamed her for everything.

LOL ok so gona sort 2.2 server then shud be good to go.

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I have discovered that my Air Targets mod have been out of date for the last 6 weeks. So why is this the first time this has been a problem?

Now updated and re-allowed entry.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Result!
ImageImageImage

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server Support”