UH1H 'Huey' DEVELOPMENT

Detail of how pilots can use non Squadron aircraft.
Chris

UH1H 'Huey' DEVELOPMENT

Post by Chris »

The ‘ HUEY’…

This aircraft is IMO without doubt the most rounded of DCS rotary models. The FM has been described as realistic by RL pilots and the damage model compares very well to what I have read on the subject in Vietnam. It will very shortly be multicrew which will be handy at times.

The Huey airframe and systems are not technically difficult and successfully flying the aircraft in combat situations does require a lot of well honed coordinated motor skills. Gunship tactics and offensive teams are a major bolt on and perhaps the most fun of all when done right in a hot area looking after the slicks.

There appears to be a surge in interest in the model and the last 2 ‘Helicopter Club’ sessions organised by Andrew have been fun but there is a large spectrum of skills which make co-ordinating the mini missions pretty difficult and in reality, even at this level, to organise anything you need a solid skilled ‘backbone’ of pilots to attach the less skilled ‘to’ so to speak..

Some have expressed a desire to learn the aircraft and tactics in depth. I have coached many in this airframe and the Mi8 for years in dedicated helo units and have proven training programmes, tactical documentation, reference materials and appropriate videos all stored. I’m well experienced in using scripts to quickly come up with Helo inclusive missions.

My main interest at the moment is fully mastering the Harrier followed by the F14 and the Viggen. However, if asked, I am more than happy to put my old hat on again for several sessions a week to help and coach anyone as far as they wish to go with the Huey, its various disciplines and later for the keen, the Mi8. Huey missions could dovetail nicely in many Harrier ones when using our bespoke FOBs in separate but concurrent or integrated aims and airspace,

If a RAF Air ‘container’ is required 60 SQN RAF could do, the plate is retired but held by Defence Helicopter Flying School (DHFS) at RAF Shawbury and linked into 9 Regt AAC a primary user. They operate several Griffins which has a direct Huey linage. If this is not acceptable perhaps if Matt is good with it it could sit under 1 SQN and use that pathway or be a stand-alone outside of everything.

Whatever the politics, the offer is there, a extensive development package is there, … so shout up if you want to engage this training pathway in whatever 'container' and I can have something going in a week or so... if desired by any of course.....
Kind Regards
Chris :)

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: UH1H 'Huey' DEVELOPMENT

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Hi Chris,

Please sign me up.

Cheers
Andrew
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

I'm up .... from zero .... I flew a wile the Huey when I bought it. Since then I have been deep in A10 and no time to any other aircraft. But the fun and possibilities the helios bring are amazingly fun.

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Chris I'm in although part time only due to my role in the tomcat sqd.
Ps I'd love some 1 on tuition if you're offering and I can deffinately help you with the tomcat in return (or put you in touch with people who can lol)
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

Of course John, we'll square the circle OK even though the definition of that statement 'is do something that is considered to be impossible'

I think everyone will be 'part-time' in some sense but all will be facilitated... the documentation is such that a lot can be SP, better with a mate and then all together on group nights that suit the majority brining it all together. In addition I'm retired so can easily find slots during the day for 1-1 when needed.
Kind Regards

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I'm in too Chris. An excellent initiative.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Chris wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 10:45 Of course John, we'll square the circle OK even though the definition of that statement 'is do something that is considered to be impossible'

I think everyone will be 'part-time' in some sense but all will be facilitated... the documentation is such that a lot can be SP, better with a mate and then all together on group nights that suit the majority brining it all together. In addition I'm retired so can easily find slots during the day for 1-1 when needed.
Nothing is impossible with a big enough hammer
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

iam retired as well oh wait maybe thats retarded , one does get confussed
:o :shock: :shock:

Chris

Post by Chris »

Interested so far:

1) 0405 Andrew
2) 0413 Luis
3) John [Scooby]
4) Neil Willis
Kind Regards

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

john (scooby) wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 11:22
Chris wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 10:45 Nothing is impossible with a big enough hammer
Given the correct amount of thrust, even a pig will fly!
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Return to “Squadron Aircraft”