Op. Thor Anvil

This is for briefings etc for any weekly operational missions/campaigns
Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Re: Op. Thor Anvil

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Yea, Excellent night Luis, It might of helped If I dumped Chaff instead of Flares when SA-8 fired at me, I must do better.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Yes, that's what took me down.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

A well constructed mission Luis, thanks.
After the update, I could not see the text "Nav", "Guns", "CCIP" or CCRP" on the HUD when cycling my joystick master mode. Every time there is an update, I have an unexpected error on my first flight, and it's not DCS.
Climbing into the spare, master mode worked as expected.
Tusk is challenging, but I'm happy to fly it again.
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Thanks Luis et al. First time I've flown an A-10 for nearly a month. Sorry if I was a bit slow and initially well below par, but I did enjoy it.

Remember height is your friend!
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

Flyco wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 10:04 Thanks Luis et al. First time I've flown an A-10 for nearly a month. Sorry if I was a bit slow and initially well below par, but I did enjoy it.

Remember height is your friend!
Yes Alan with 17 kills (until the point I saw), I must say you were a bit slow .. 😂 ... and Yes, high is friend, I have the bad hog habit to go for the mud ....
Glad you enjoy it, above all is my best reward, and all mission creators, that others have fun and at same time help improve. And from another mission creator is even better.
Cheers.

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

Gent's thank you for your kind words. My best reward is to know it was a nice everning and we had good fun.
A few issues still to solve.

BOAR:
1- Is essential that Boar lead understand if the convoy is moving, I know that briefings for as much as they are well done, there are always some flaw, and I really would like your help in that aspect. I have in mind do a video where it can be more emphasized, but maybe even that can miss the point.

2- Hostile armored units disperse to water- that is easy, remove dispersion in ME.

3- In the end there is a random situation, can be a helicopter or RPG units. About tje Heli, not much to do, we have to find him, about the RPG, Thor 1 will drop some smoke.

TUSK:
1- The low level approach is great, but the low level pattern between all those hills is very hard, and with so many small calibre fire arround is not hard to lose engine power and we are finish. So, I will remove hostile units from the pattern area and move them to surrounding areas.

2- the initial convoy firing at us. Althoug the orders are to create a diversion manouver, if something is firing our natural instinct is to fight back, what in that case is a error due to terrain and high. So, I will keep the convoy but will not fire to A10's

3- Because we are attacking the nasty Rashid, is normal that their man come out to defend him, in that aspect all those units on our path back, and very much like the initial convoy are too distracting and take our objective, that must be get out as quick as possible. So, I will vove them to create a larger corridor.

Hog:

1- the easyest flight (even if I go strafe some bad guys low level)
Has 2 hidden tricks, the SAM on that convoy and the heavy defended town full of juicy targets.
It is thought to ones with less experience, so I think is fine.
Not too hard, not too easy and must follow briefing.
If more aircrafts are on the area, I can make a 2nd convoy or a 3th task. But in general is finish as it is.
Only voice messages missing and naval artilley show (destroy the comm center) is not well set on timming, would be nice to see a bunch of explosions on ground.

All the TOT seem to work fine, I guess the initial messages are well sincronized and the final command center warning to hold at 10 minutes and go at 2 minute and zero, also help.

Thank you all.

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Good mission, good summary.

For us non mission editors it's good to know what goes wrong, such as tanks in the sea. And what to look for in the future Good debrief.

I liked the TOT and measured, controlled start and orbit before action. Very good.

I'd be very happy to fly this mission again.

You also spent effort on the background story, I nearly skipped this bit as it was not in the brief and just on DCS. Add that to the mission brief also please, it all adds to the build up and enjoyment.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

Thank you Andrew. I will.... with Phil help we can even do a nice movie ... yes, movie, not video :D

Return to “Operational Mission Briefings & Info”