Op. Thor Anvil

This is for briefings etc for any weekly operational missions/campaigns
0413 Luis

Op. Thor Anvil

Post by 0413 Luis »

Hi everyone.
As most know, I'm building a mission to present RAF Air UK that can be one more option to join to other great missions we already have for thusdays fun.

For the A-10C I already have the 3 flights mission ready to Beta test, as well as the briefings.

As I mention above, A10 flight consist of 3 different missions, very different from each other so we can always have different experiences.

1-Tusk (2 or 3 ship) is a incursion on enemy territory to create a diversion manouver and cover to SAS troops (Thor 2) capture Rashid, a nasty terrorist. Anti air defence is everywere, the mission will be at low level and in a tight area, any aircraft above 150/250 ft on the path and on LZ above 2000 ft is considered dead, or at least in serious trouble...

2- Boar (ideal 4 ship). A Allied convoy is heading north to occupy the enemy airbase and take defensive position.
Boar task is to destroy all armed veichles that can pose convoy (Thor 1) in danger. This is a "cirurgical" task that will require discipline from pilots, the targets are close to road outposts and the order must fe followed according Thor 1 instructions and waypoints. There are anti air defences that may pose Boar flight in danger and can be eliminated, but the target is the armour veichles, the convoy will eliminate the outpost troops and anti air defences.

3- Hog (Ideal 4 ship, but doable with 2 or 3). Enemy artillery is close to the border and more is comming to take place.
As soon as the suprise attack begin to enemy positions they will pose in danger allied structures close to border and ships in harbour reciving repair assistance.
Our navy will attack hostile positions on ground, but is essential that all the enemy artillery is destroyed before the naval stryke. So, don't fly too low ... in ground, manpads, shilkas, and all kind of nasty bad things can put pilot health in risk.

Thor Anvil is based on a mini Israelo Arab war in 1967, is still in construction for other flights but it will have a strong TOT (time on target) component.
All strykes will be done at same time in different areas and targets, so, follow the take off timmings mention in briefing and by the ground crew wile in the pit will be essential, and keep the eye on board computer to get the right speed.
As I mention is a Beta test, so some errors may happen, or timmings are not well set...

I would like to invite at least 8, idealy 10, A10C pilots to join and help me in this test.
The day I suggest is wednesday the 3th, but open to other suggestions.

Cheers

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Op. Thor Anvil

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Looks good,
I can't make Wednesday evenings I'm afraid.
I can do Mon, Tues, Thurs.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

0405 Andrew wrote: 30 May 2020, 15:09 Looks good,
I can't make Wednesday evenings I'm afraid.
I can do Mon, Tues, Thurs.
Cheers Andrew. Let's see others possibilities.

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Yea, looking forward to flying this mission.

BTW, for Boar flight, it is "Surgical" strike, not the way you spelled it.

Spelling police strike again. :D
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Post by Richard Rodgers »

That sounds really good Luis
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

Paul(Dragon)0043 wrote: 30 May 2020, 15:28 Yea, looking forward to flying this mission.

BTW, for Boar flight, it is "Surgical" strike, not the way you spelled it.

Spelling police strike again. :D
:cry:

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Luis
I can do any day except Tue.

Neal
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Sounds good. depending on the date, I would like to give it a go.

Luis, I suggest that O i/c the 'spelling police' should lead the Boar pair.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

Flyco wrote: 30 May 2020, 19:30 Sounds good. depending on the date, I would like to give it a go.

Luis, I suggest that O i/c the 'spelling police' should lead the Boar pair.
Yes, Boar flight is perfect for a good leader. Coordination is essential, a bit too much at this stage to be honest. I think something must be changed.
Alan, we are going for a discord channel for 97th. Would you like to join? We are all there, only you are missing. It is not a substitute to RAF Air UK website, but sure is a way to get in touch easyer.
https://discord.gg/89WecS

0413 Luis

Post by 0413 Luis »

RAF0414 wrote: 30 May 2020, 18:28 Hi Luis
I can do any day except Tue.

Neal
I would say monday 8th, if everyone agree, or Thursday 11th (instead of training, if I may)

Since it has a TOT component the time is important. So, I would say 20pm

Return to “Operational Mission Briefings & Info”