Voice Attack use for UHF Presets

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Voice Attack use for UHF Presets

Post by Richard Rodgers »

Morning guys,

Following on from Filthymanc's thread yesterday re UHF presets, I have drawn up a little instruction for adding my Voice Attack commands to your current Voice Attack profile so that you do not have to go heads down to select frequencies.

1. Go to DCS and make sure that the 'UHF Preset channel seletor decrease' and 'UHF Preset channel selector increase' keyboard controls are set as per this image. If you use both A10C models, you need to do this for both. Please note that if you use these keyboard commands for something else, you MUST NOT change them. Instead you will have to edit my Voice Attack commands. If this is the case, speak to me first:-
dcs UHF settings.jpg
dcs UHF settings.jpg (84.17 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
2. Download the RAF Air A-10C UHF Preset Frequencies-Profile.zip file and unzip to your desktop.
RAF Air A-10C UHF Preset Frequencies-Profile.zip
(7.59 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
3. Open Voice Attack and click the + sign at top right. Select IMPORT PROFILE. Navigate to RAF Air A-10C UHF Preset Frequencies-Profile.vap and click OPEN

4. Click on the EDIT(Pen) icon in Voice Attack

5. Now simply right click a command and hover over COPY TO then select the destination profile where to add that command. Repeat with all the others
voice attack copy to.jpg
voice attack copy to.jpg (109.21 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
Once you have added all the commands to your current profile, if the UHF radio is set for PRESET use, when you use the commands shown it will automatically go to your chosen frequency. Remember that the A10 radios are strange beasts in that they do not natively display frequency changes when using presets. Instead they just show C1, C2 etc. The only way to double check that things are working is to have SRS fired up with the Radio Overlay open.

Here is the list of commands. Yes I know the spellings are wrong on some of the Spoken Commands. This is to cut down the chances of wrong commands being performed.
VA.jpg
VA.jpg (187.66 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
Hope you find it useful.

The only thing I have not tested it with is VIACOM as I couldn't get on with it so don't have it set up.
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

filthymanc

Re: Voice Attack use for UHF Presets

Post by filthymanc »

Thanks Richard, I'll certainly be having a look in to this.

As for Vaicom, there is a SELECT CHANNEL (NUMBER) command, and you've just explained why it looked like it didn't work for me. The channel number changes, but the frequency doesn't. With Vaicom though, the channel selection knob doesn't move. I'll test it out.
Pilot Officer Chris "Filthymanc" 0513 - RAF Air UK

Return to “Hints & Tips”