31/08/21 Operation Dengizich, the second son, V2(Re-run)

This is for briefings etc for any weekly operational missions/campaigns
309 Geoff

Re: 31/08/21 Operation Dengizich, the second son, V2(Re-run)

Post by 309 Geoff »

Alan,
Noted. I will rearm and move my litening pod to the left wing, increasing my chances of seeing the Sa-8 en route to WP3.
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

All,
Virgin are playing up at the moment, and no idea when it will be fully fixed. Last speed check gave my 350mb/s as 205mb/s down, and 0.03mb/s up speed. It's intermittent.
I will endeavour to be online by 1915hrs, and hope it will run during the mission.
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Geoff, Copied! Good luck.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

309 Geoff

Post by 309 Geoff »

Apologies, but the timeouts were out of my control. I think it was my Mav that took out the SA-8. I had another timeout, just as I was going to call for taxi the second time. Decided to give up. No tacview to check. Virgin seem to have sorted the download speed, but upload was only 0.14mb/s.
ImageImageImage

Roon
Site Admin

Post by Roon »

41(F)Sqn AAR

Some technical glitches hindered a couple of guys (some didn't have desimm mod) and we flew with 9 in the end.
The flight went well, CAP must have worked as we weren't hassled by redair at all, thanks chaps!
The SEAD guys did a good job and cleared the path for us and called "Geronimo" for the SA-6's, nicely done. Then later in the flight, as we had to pass through an SA-6 threat zone, one of the F16's (Kitchen) flew into the zone and drew fire from the 6 to leave us a safe passage through. Our hats are off to you Kitchen, bloody fine job!!
RTB for RIAB went as per and all was well, tea and medals all round.
We did manage to damage the power station fairly well, but lofting over a 4k ft hill from low-level was a challenge and some weapon releases were not as they should have been, often only the first two of six came off in the sequence....we are having an enquiry...bloody armourers.

A good night's flying in challenging terrain, thanks to Andrew and all involved!
Sometimes stuff is supposed to fall off....sometimes not.
I still can't be sure which... :?

Officer Commanding F18 OCU
Wing Commander Ade Rhoney - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image

Return to “Operational Mission Briefings & Info”