Op Gauntlet - 26 Oct

This is for briefings etc for any weekly operational missions/campaigns
309 Geoff

Re: Op Gauntlet - 26 Oct

Post by 309 Geoff »

Alan,
I've every confidence that we will destroy both bridges before 0439hrs.
Then the train SA10 and the tanks moving south will be of no consequence.
I'm guessing 4 pilots in total. Two in section 1, me as a singleton section 2, and the boss as a singleton going east SAM hunting. If that's the case, I'll T/O before 0427, giving myself time for 2 attacks on the bridge.
It's all very compact.
Looking forward to seeing how you complete the flight line.
Flt Lt Geoff Mansfield RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Post by Richard Rodgers »

See you on the ramp guys
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

It appears that I have mis-read or misunderstood the .miz. Father Cool has pointed out to me that there is a Red Road Convoy leaving the Senaki Station around 04:25. Their intention is to attack Kutaisi. Thus if the Abasha bridge is not destroyed on time, the task will fall to us to interdict them. If we do have to interdict, Boar Flt 2 should plan to climb to 12,000 ft before engaging them and watch out for AA units in the convoy. Additionally, there is a group of Blue tanks travelling north along that same road beyond the Abasha bridge which look timed to cross the Red force coming South. Whether they will clash I don't know, However, anyone carrying out interdiction along that road will have to be careful with identifying targets.

There is ample time in the present plan for both Boar Flts to turn for a second run, but it would clearly be better if we had 2 x A-10s in both Boar Flts. At present I only know of 4 attendees, which leaves us with a problem. It may be that we have to knock the SEAD on the head. I do not want to launch any ac early, unless we have to.

Finally, just so I can be sure I am not going crazy, could someone take a look at the .miz that was issued by Father Cool, and check what those blue tanks are. I have just re-loaded the .miz and on my system they are identified on it as Shermans!

Good luck - we might need it!
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Hi Alan, they are challenger IIs.
20211109_113942.jpg
20211109_113942.jpg (4.1 MiB) Viewed 1260 times
They are routed to avoid the Abashi bridge and not engage the red convoy. Their orders are to press on to Senaki and let 97 squadron deal with the convoy.

There are some blue ground troops and vehicles stationed on Kutaisi as well but we would prefer not to be firing shells about in the airbase if we can help it.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Well, it sure beats the hell out of me Colonel. I have re-downloaded the original .miz, loaded and run it.

I took a screen copy of the Mission Editor, and the 'Sherman tank' in action. You can see them in the attachments.

I have no explanation. We will have to see what happens this evening.

If we do miss one or both of the bridges (which is unlikely), we will have a problem. At the moment we only have four signed up. It may be that we have to delay the SEAD until we know that the bridges are down.
Attachments
Screen_211109_121359.png
Screen_211109_121359.png (204.6 KiB) Viewed 1256 times
Sherman.png
Sherman.png (3.39 MiB) Viewed 1256 times
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Maybe its a Sherman on the old INTEL file. On the mission its Challengers for sure.

Yes the SEAD is secondary for you.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Operational Mission Briefings & Info”