Discord Tutorial

Aircraft: A10C
Duke

Discord Tutorial

Post by Duke »

Hiya, in terms of discord use I can give some basic help.

After install you will need to open and set up "user settings" (bottom left icon) and adjust voice and video to suit input and output, and assign either ptt button or voice activated mic. I have left input and output on default but you may need to assign specific devices by clicking on the drop down.

In terms of using discord it will automatically go to the default text channel you last joined/viewed and to join voice channels you simply double click on the voice channel much like teamspeak to enter it.

In terms of the discord I set up for briefings etc and to watch people screen sharing you will just need to wait for them to share screens, which will show a "Live" next to their name. Then click on "watch stream" to view in a pop up window what they are broadcasting.

I know your not a massive fan of it but at least this is a private discord with just rafair members so no more rowdy than teamspeak, and its very usefull for visual briefings, particularly showing flight routes etc to allow better SA of all flights involved.

Duke

Re: Discord Tutorial

Post by Duke »

A link for the briefing discord is here https://discord.gg/wHs2Uubk .

They do expire after a while so will need a fresh invite depending on when you see this message guys

Return to “97 Squadron”