Op Centurion Part 2 Tues 3rd January 2023

Aircraft: A10C
Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Re: Op Centurion Part 2 Tues 3rd January 2023

Post by Richard Rodgers »

Duke wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 17:43 There's a lot of talk above about expecting IFV by the way, please re read the brief as it does say Heavy Armor, MBT, IFV, APC are priority, please don't expect medium armor IFV to be taking front line positions towards Blue MBT positions
👍🏻
Gp Captain Richard Rodgers - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Please see the post I have put in the Missions topic, fpr Duke's attention. We may to look again at our plan, although in the absence of any info on numbers, timings and distribution of the SA-15and 19 in particular there is little we can do for the present.

Re: 3rd Jan 2023 Op Centurion Part Two
Post by Flyco » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:15 pm

Having now had a chance to look deeper at this mission, I have doubts about whether it is within our capabilities. The known, fixed targets are not a problem, but there is the unknown that I am concerned about.

It appears to me that the convoy or convoys of AFVs that will be passing through this area will be protected by SA-15, SA-19, and SA-9 (number and location within the convoys unknown). I assume that they will be transiting on the main road, which is around 3,000-5,000 ft amsl. This will give them a reach of up to 23,000 ft, which is well above the significant cloud that is forecast. All our weapons are free-fall or, at best, with a range of up to 5nm. I have considered switching to Maverick, but the chances of us getting a clear view from above the cloud or with the vehicles at the bottom of a steep sided, winding road are very slim.

Those of you who wish to, will have time to exchange some GBU-12s for Mavs before departure. I think I will stick with the free-fall GBUs and LG rockets.

Anybody got suggestions or comments. In the meantime, make sure you leave your wills and final billet doux, with the ground-crew before departure!
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

Alan you will be fine with what the mobile armor is defended by. This isn't my first rodeo 👍

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Guys, I am looking a bit ‘iffy’ for the Tuesday’ mission. I am having some very strange problems with my PC/DCS at present.

When I run DCS, the whole main screen goes black. DCS is running: if I click Ctrl-Alt-Del, I get the usual list of running programs, with DCS there at the top, using 8-10% of core time, but there is no other evidence. After a few minutes, I use Ctrl-Alt-Del to close DCS down, and I can get a read-out of the log. Other programs seem to work OK.

It certainly beats the S**t out of me.

I will work on it, but am getting nowhere at present.
Image Image Image Image

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

I will be ready to go on Tues evening Alan, and I'm sure Paul is back from sunny Cornwall too.

The issues you describe are new ones on me. I assume you have checked the ED forum for bug issues

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Yes, I will be flying this Tuesday, :D :D :D

Paul.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Duke

Post by Duke »

Still not got any miz file returned from 97 squadron guys

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Sorry, my system is totally buggered. Please use the version above, as submitted on 1 Jan.
Image Image Image Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

No worries Alan, check flight is attached for your guys, Richard or Paul can you have a nosy please ?
Attachments
T99-CENTURION Part Two Check Flights.miz
(204.85 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

Richard Rodgers
Site Admin

Will have a looksie tomorrow morning mate

Return to “97 Squadron”