Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Op Protocol

Post by 0405 Andrew »

I will be in the Discord voice channel at 19:20 for a quick brief.

We will be having a human GCI paul has the frequency which was sent on Discord.

Just a note, the active is R/W 11R, the last WP of your flight has been set to this.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

A small change, we will be using a different server.

Server name : 41Sqn/OCU
IP: 90.30.87.235:10308
Server Password: rafair

We will use RAF Air SRS 1

I will be on Discord Social 1 Chat room at 19:20 for a 10 min briefing.

Tonight is a rare occasion that the RAF Air Joint mission is trying PvP. Please be respectful to each other after the event, be magnanimous in victory or gracious in defeat.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Good morning, gents. I though that I should apologise for my grumpiness last night. I still cannot understand why we don't issue clear procedures and stick to them.

I was again unable to get coms working properly last night, and so decided to stay out of your hair. As you probably noticed I was about 3-4 mins behind you and did a bit of work in the target area. It would appear that the blue ground forces took a good 20-30% of the red units out of action before we arrived. Unfortunately, I forgot to change the weapons and so could not be very effective. I think I took out about 3-4 AFVs and 2-3 tanks in all.

As I thought the apkws were totally ineffective against the T-80, but excellent against the AFVs, although the range limitation took me a little too close to them for comfort. I even put 3 into the (supposedly) vulnerable backside of one T-80 within 1-2 secs without any observable effect. Both my JDAM bombs were effective against T-80s, and the Cluster weapon also did some damage, but I had no success with the GBU-12s - whether I was too low, or there was too much cloud, I am not sure.

I did try to make contact with you in the target area but you obviously weren't hearing me (unless I was being ignored following my earlier hissy-fit). Just after Paul left, I was joined by a couple of F-16s, as indicated on the RWR. Having looked at the Playback, they should have had no problem in nailing me, but at the time I assumed they were blue. Eventually got home safely, with a little more equanimity than I left.

Paul, I really would like to fix an our or so sometime, just so that I can check out my coms etc.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Yep, I see your point about APKWS being ineffective against T-80, I put 5 into the rear end of a T-80 all impacting within a second, not even a scratch. 4 would kill a T-72, (Iv'e done it).

Alan, if you could give me a date and time to try and fix your SRS comms problem, I'll try and make it and we can give it a go.

P.S. be advised, I am going down to Cornwall for the week commencing Monday 10th April and will be away from my system.

Paul.
"Je Vois Tout"

ImageImage
97 Squadron

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Paul, thanks. I am out tomorrow morning, but am free thereafter. If you can suggest a period when you can spare the time, I will confirm that I am available. I am not sure whether we will need to use one of the RAF Air computers, but there should be one available. Thanks again.
Image Image Image Image

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Hi Alan, can you make this afternoon about 14:00?

Paul.
"Je Vois Tout"

ImageImage
97 Squadron

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Thanks Paul - that should be fine.