Server Update

Server Updates and Bookings For Squadrons Here
Spectrum

Re: Server Update

Post by Spectrum »

Paul(Dragon)0043 wrote: 07 Dec 2020, 11:40 Spectrum, just do a search for raf, look for the Raf Air UK server's 1, 2, or3
Okay thanks...I haven't participated yet as I have been learning the game as I have only been playing for a month. I love the game so far.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

We now have a third SRS Radio Server available.

This means we have a separate SRS server available for each of the three current servers, and we can open a fourth when the fourth server comes online once the generic missions have been written for Normandy, NTTR and the Channel maps. These will be used to run on the fourth server.

In addition, the bugs in the LotATC log ins have been resolved, and the log ins are 82.8.84.164:10310 - for the Persian Gulf server; 82.8.84.164:10315 - for the Caucasus server; and 82.8.84.164:10316 - for the Syria server.

All that remains to be configured is the SLMod facility for all three servers.

That should also be settled by the end of this week, giving administrators the ability to reset and change missions on the fly.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Pleaser Note: use these addresses to connect to SRS servers or you will connect but VOIP will not activate

Rafair SRS UK Server 1, 82.8.84.164:5002

Rafair SRS UK Server 2, 82.8.84.164:5003

Rafair SRS UK Server 3, 82.8.84.164:5004

Just to clarify things.

Paul
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

Nice one Paul

Thankyou
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

As the final stage in configuring the servers, Chris ably assisted me in configuring SLMod on all three servers.

As the first stage in giving Squadrons some administrators, can each of the nominated guys approach me on the server at some point so I can add you into the SLMod system. I would prefer to do it in the server as you need to provide the exact name you use in DCS World.

I will not be giving all of you TightVNC access at this stage, so if you need a mission adding into the server libraries, let either myself, Chris or Paul know, and we will do that side of things for you. Once the libraries are added, admins will be able to restart the current mission, change to a new mission, or kick and ban errant pilots via SLMod.

We intend to run 4 servers as already stated. Server 1 will be the Persian Gulf, and will hold any missions based on that map. Server 2 likewise, with the Caucasus map, Server 3 likewise with the Syrian map, and server 4 will be a catch all, running the other maps.

Server 4 (and SRS 4) will be configured and running once we have the generic mission written for at least one of the other maps (NTTR, Channel, or Normandy). The other maps will be catered for once we have their generics added too, and the server can either run on a continuously rotating program, or have missions loaded as needed by an admin. Squadron pilots should approach an admin to carry out mission swaps of course.

When we have all 4 servers up, and all maps covered with a generic mission, the project will almost be complete, with just the matter of public server use to tackle.

Thanks Chris for your help in getting this far, and in particular, for undertaking the task of creating new generic mission sets.
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

The server is currently being updated to the latest version of DCS World.

The large size of the update has meant some file juggling, so it will take a while to complete.
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

The server has been updated today to v2.5.6.59625 Open Beta.
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

A fourth server is soon to be set up, which will cover the other maps. Initially it will run with the Normandy map, and WW2 missions along with a fourth SRS Server (port 5005).

In time, as more generic missions materialise, it will have Normandy, The Channel map and the NTTR maps available, and SLMod will be available to swap between them.
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Server 4 is now running.
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Just to let you know your generous contributions are making a difference, I have just ordered a 1Tb drive costing £96.00 to go into our server using the available funds we currently hold in our kitty.

This will mean we have no further issues when large updates come along, and also provide ample space for a good library of missions which you will be able to select on the virtual servers using SLMod.

Details of how admins will be able to change the missions will be posted in due course, along with a list of available missions.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server”