Server Maint

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Server Maint

Post by Flyco »

I'm content, provided that the need to use ATC does not impact on the main aim - which I see as to fly military combat missions in a multi-player environment.

At the moment we operate from anything up to 4-8 different bases. Would the intention be to put in an ATC or each of these? I ask, because I am not familiar with LoTac, and the way it operates.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

Think ATC in the military sense not the civilian... For the limited life of this mission I would envisage most AC using the one field with control on the taxiways, runways out to around say a 5nm boundary and 2500' ceiling. AWAC and JTAC linked into to command would all be people not AI. AC can be vectored to the threats and JTAC put ordnance where and when required.

I would not envisage anything as structured as 132nd for example.... but certainly it is adds another dimension I have have dealt with numbers above 20 incl Helos several times.... Command and Control is the key.

In RAF Air on group nights sometimes I tend to feel everyone is just doing their 'own' thing and not part of a larger group with an operational command coordinating the Battle.... sometimes it feels like an extended tea party at the palace (Flak Jacket ON) - I reckon we are missing so much...

LocTac is just a tool. Gamemaster role and the vectoring tool can work just as well - it is not difficult.
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

That is the problem. For our main missions we could not all operate from a single airfield.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

LotATC is already installed, and just needs configuring. Care to take up the baton on that Chris?

A little co-ordination wouldn’t upset the apple cart. In fact if we include AWACS as a manned slot we would experience far less blue on blue issues I suspect.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Neil Willis wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 18:30 LotATC is already installed, and just needs configuring. Care to take up the baton on that Chris?

A little co-ordination wouldn’t upset the apple cart. In fact if we include AWACS as a manned slot we would experience far less blue on blue issues I suspect.
ive seen a recent youtube vid and it appeared lotatc was very crashy
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server”