Server Maint

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Server Maint

Post by Matt »

So far the server seems to be running well, at the point I took it offline this morning it had been running for 67 hours!

As for the generic missions I am able to fix them and get them back up, however it requires me to pretty much remake them! so over the next few days you will see things getting added slowly (as you can imagine it took a lot of time to create them originally) so far you will find red air units, tankers a fleet and a few ground targets (notably the range which are currently set to immortal) the respawns are now working again so you shouldn't be without tankers anytime soon!
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I hope you saved the originals, cuz they may work again soon. Would be a shame to lose it all for the sake of a bug.

Is Ade in the loop regarding resources? Hopefully we can get the upgrade rolled out soon too.

Thanks Matt.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes I have the originals saved Neil, but there are cut down version that are presently working on the server. But all in all the server is now running solely on the dedicated server version and has been running well by all accounts.

As for the server, Ade and Kerian have ordered the parts (Mobo, CPU and RAM) with exception for a SSD which we do not think is currently required and will hopefully be getting installed and tested towards the end of the week!

Once again a great thanks for both of them on behalf of all of us for everything they do to keep us flying!
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Just a quick update with the help of Chris, we now have Slmod working on server 1 (server 2 at a later date once I'm happy with performance)

I will be adding Squadron commanders as Admins as I get the chance.....this means they will be able to restart missions, kick or ban troublesome players and even load different missions from a selected mission folder!

All of this can be achieved with ease from within your aircraft, i will teach them all how to use the commands.

This will make server management very simple and help rectify any mission issues that just require a quick restart to sort!

Let me know what you think!

Matt.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

thats sounds great for many many reasons.

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

sounds great Matt & Chis thanks gents for all your hard work..
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I note that the server Tacview does not appear to be running, and when activated asks for an Activation Code.

I have found a note of the original Tacview activation code for the server. I am reluctant to try and enter it, since I have lost touch with what is happening on the Server Tacview or who is running the server at present.

If any responsible adult would like a copy of the code in order to try and activate Tacview, please contact me.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Send it to me please Alan. I’m not, and never have been a responsible adult though.

:D :D
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

This link may help those looking after it. The procedure is slightly different for the dedicated multi instance server...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243718

Now would be a good time to have LoTac installed too if not already done. I've a notion of writing up and running a muti Squadron Mission that has RL military ATC (ish, slightly detuned) and RL JTAC taskings... if enough people are up for this style....
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

I'm game, I love realism.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron