Server Maint

Matt
Site Admin

Server Maint

Post by Matt »

Hi all, just to inform everyone, as the server ids currently empty, I am currently doing some work on the 1.5.7 version of DCS this will take about 45mins tops. I am adding a system in place to automatically restart the server on a DCS crash, to ensure the server should always be running smoothly in the future for all of our members, this is will under testing over the next few days, but should not effect anyone flying.

sorry for the brief convenience caused.

Matt.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Server Maint

Post by Matt »

I have started the work on this so far, but I need to alter the scripting slightly which I do not have time to do today, so for now its all disabled and running as per the norm, I shall work on this when I get home tomorrow night.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I was still getting issues with the multiplayer aspect of 1.5.8 so I'm going to do a clean install of it on the server to see if that solves the problem.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes I think thats probably best, i mean we know the missions work as they performed well on my system the other night, so it must be an issue with the DCS version on the server.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

That's done.
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

We appear to have issues with all versions on the server at the moment. Sometimes there is no RAF Air server visible in the server lists despite them running correctly. A reboot of the server doesn't always solve the problem, so I can only assume the master server is the one at fault here.

Hopefully these issues will be resolved with a DCS World update soon.
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Good morning all, I'm currently trailing a server edit on 2.1, shouldn't take too long.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thank you all for your patience, I have now successfully implemented and script on the server which will automatically monitor DCS 2.1 and restart and reload the multiplayer server if it detects a crash of DCS.

Further to this I have also set it up to monitor DCS 1.5.7 and restart the version of DCS if a crash is detected, however it is not capable currently of restarting the server for that version due to a bug with the program, but at the least it will make getting the server running a lot quicker as DCS will already be on the home screen.

I will be continuing to monitor this over the next few days to ensure it runs correctly and does not adversely affect the server in any way, I appreciated everyone's patience while I have been working on this major edit to the servers scripting.

DCS 2.1 and DCS 1.5.7 are now up and running once again.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The new server will now fully restart and load the last hosted multiplayer mission after a crash, and for added bonus I have also created a script so the SRS server will also restart if it crashes!

I have been testing both this evening and all seems well, note for server admins you can also change missions on the fly within DCS world like normal, by disconnecting from the mission and setting up a new server loading the new mission much as you normally would, however once you press to load the new server please leave DCS alone as it will speed up the process of loading or it may end in a premature DCS crash...the system will however rectify this without any user input but it will take an extra few minutes to do so as it will have to close the process and restart it...but if you leave DCS along after pressing to load the server it should not have any issues.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

After checking this morning before work, all is well both DCS and SRS are running fine and no crashes during the evening/night.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server”