Post by Neil Willis »

Result!
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Server Maint

Post by Matt »

With the latest update of DCS world we now have the dedicated server GUI working again, therefore I am going to take this opportunity to increase the player limit to 20 clients as a somewhat testing period to see how the server stands up, mainly due ot the fact on Tuesday night we had one pilot forced to go else where and fly due to us already hitting the limit of 16 pilots, and if we can help it we don't want to see anyone have to be turned away from our server on a operational...or any night what so ever.

Obviously if the server starts to struggle wit that many players we will be forced to limit down once again, but until we try we will never know.

if anyone has any concerns with this please voice them here and we can take relevant action.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Excellent, thanks, Matt. Hopefully, we can increase it more to 24 players if this stage works without a hitch?
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

that would be the hope, I working on the theory small steps to bigger outcomes.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

whats the limiting factor?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Presumably, the processing speed of the host server. The internet link we have is pretty robust I understand, so that shouldn't be the weak point.
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi all, I have just conducted some maintenance on the server for us all.

1) I have remove all instances of DCS world and reinstalled only the new Dedicated server version to free up space (Around 120Gb free now in total)

2) I have edited the dropbox settings on the server so it only downloads the missions not all of the other bits unneeded by our server PC (freeing up around 5Gb)

3) I have created a very small mission to replace the generic missions which consists of 3 tankers ( one for the A10 another for F16's and a final for the Harrier and F18C) it also have a few immortal ground units at the same location as the range in the PG generic mission, I have limited it to 4x of each of our main aircraft while I test to see how stable it is....but it will give you guys the freedom to practice AAR and A/G or just free flight as applicable. (however there is no scripting in this mission as I am trying to PID the cause of the Generic mission crashes therefore will be taking it very slow for now)

You will see the server back online, please feel free to jump in and play around, and if I can ask if you stick me a message if you encounter any issues but please be aware over the next few days you might see outages as we will be conducting some testing and upgrades where needed.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Is there an update on progress with the software changes Matt?

The current situation regarding bugs would also assist in us being able to decide when we can re-schedule Group wide missions on Tuesdays.

Do we want to hold off longer, perhaps until the hardware is in place, or do we think it appropriate to resume normal operations soon?
ImageImageImage

Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Hi Matt, just flew 2 sorties from Al Minhad to Test bombing area, then landed on Tarawa, then attacked Abu Musa (No targets) then landed back at Al Minhad, the only issues encountered were some usual stuttering when Phil and Paul joined server for around 10 seconds as I was landing. Apart from that and the usual problem with ATC going a bit nuts on repeat, everything else seemed fine. (I'm glad you jumped on to tell me the targets were indestructible as I thought I hadn't set my fuses!! Ha!)

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Currently the only ground targets are at the range, I'm slowly having to rebuild and text small chunks at a time.....but getting there

Thanks for the Intel buddy
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server”