Is it me?

jester224

Is it me?

Post by jester224 »

Last night I got the return of an issue where by I was getting a connection timeout to our server after being on for a few minutes. This only seems to happen when the server has a high loading of players. I realise we are upgrading it soon but it would be interesting to see if this is just me.
SAC Simon "Jester" Campbell-Smith
Data Analyst

Mr_Sukebe

Re: Is it me?

Post by Mr_Sukebe »

No issues for me.

Please do check your RAM usage. If you're on 16GB, that is probably being saturated. That would result in your PC paging to disk, and even with an SSD, that is much slower than RAM. If your PC is slowing whilst paging, it's quite possible that the game interprets they delays as server connection issues.

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Might be a daft suggestion but that's never put me off before.
Have you tried joining the server early ie before it gets full?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Joining the server early is a no no. Always wait until you are cleared to join by your flight lead. Early joining can cause the clock to start ticking far too soon and wrecks our time on target.

Your issue, Jester, is most likely PC resources reaching saturation. Do you have the same problem when joining the server on non-mission nights?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Neil Willis wrote: 15 Jan 2020, 16:23 Joining the server early is a no no. Always wait until you are cleared to join by your flight lead. Early joining can cause the clock to start ticking far too soon and wrecks our time on target.

Your issue, Jester, is most likely PC resources reaching saturation. Do you have the same problem when joining the server on non-mission nights?
I didn't mean time wise Neil I meant when there arnt many people on
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I run with 16GB, and an elderly (albeit top of the (then) range), and don't have a major problem. I also use Helios with a 3840 x 2160 main screen, a 1920 x 1080 for the Helios display, and a 600 x 800 for the Kneeboard - overall display size is 5760 x 2160.

I try and keep all background operations to a minimum and use an SSD. I also tailor all my settings to minimise 'prettiness'. On multiplayer I generally get around 25-45 fps, which I find adequate.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server”