A polite request

maggsy

A polite request

Post by maggsy »

Please do not BOMB the runway at Al Minhad or any other operational airbase.
whilst it might be funny to crater the rwy it does not repair until the server is reset,
I logged on tonight the server was empty so nobody was around to warn me, all I wanted was a few hours flying, after waiting for the A/C to align I eventually trundle down the rwy only to end in a ball of flame after falling into the crater 10 min of wasted time .
What might seem fun at the time has an impact on others logging on later , it renders the server useless until it is reset.
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Re: A polite request

Post by Matt »

Couldnt agree more Maggsy, its very frustrating indeed!
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Muff

Post by Muff »

Agree here aswell, did a nice ski jump in a f15 earlier today while taking off at minhad and busting my gear, i would say if u wanna go for runway go for a one thats not used and abandoned like i did the other night as it wont affect other players.

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Yep I concur, just been on, 10 min startup and taxi, run-up, start rolling, up to 80Kts, see a bloody great crater in middle of runway, swerve to avoid, not good enough, collapsed gear. I am (Expletive) Raging. 10 mins wasted.

Pack bombing the active runways, whoever you are, you complete MORON.

Consequently, I have reset the server.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

I would not be so harsh as to condemn anyone, afterall it was only the previous day I was the cause "unwittingly" of a rather nasty pileup on the same runway.. ignore ATC at your peril was my lesson when I met two Hawks departing on 270 while I was departing on 09.
The point we need to make is that whilst AI seems to respawn as usual, damage to structures does seem to be persistant, this fact might not be widely known.
Once we are aware of this I am sure all our pilots will avoid any planned/deliberate damage to the active airfields especially the aprons , taxiways and runways.
ImageImage

oz555

Post by oz555 »

Is it possible to change the wind direction inline with the ATC commands? Currently it is blowing straight down 27 for an ideal 09 departure which may be causing some confusion.
Flight Lieutenant Mike Ozanne - RAF Air UK
Image Image
Image Image

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

Alas there is a bug with ATC not adapting to the wind direction, which, (somebody correct me if I am wrong) is set to allow the carrier offshore to operate into the prevailing wind without piling into the coast every few hours ... or ending up 100's of miles away from anywhere
ImageImage

oz555

Post by oz555 »

Could we drop the wind to 0?
Flight Lieutenant Mike Ozanne - RAF Air UK
Image Image
Image Image

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

DCS reports the wind backwards from real life as well, which can be super confusing, I.e. DCS reports the direction the wind is going to, not where it is coming from.
Plt Off Ian 'Robbo' Robson
Image Image

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

well folks for the 100th time STOP BOMBING THE ACTIVE RUNWAY. PAUL yet again has lost his flying time this mourning due to the &&%%^%%( who keeps bombing the runway. Now i am not sure what enjoyment you get out of stopping the rest of us flying. I guess the brass will have to check the server logs to see who is on in the middle of the night bombing the airstrip. And i hope the brass deals with you in the correct way. AS IN BOOTED OUT OF RAFAIR. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH NOW.

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server”