SYRIA COMBINED SQUADRONS TRAINING MAP

Chris

Post by Chris »

This took a lot of work (quite a few days) and no doubt a few issues will surface that will need sorted. I hope my time spent in design and planning bears fruit and the map achieves it's objectives.

I have tried to create a default Syrian Map that can be used individually in small to large groups or indeed by everyone in RAFAIR (those that are about) at the one time, from basic learning, through pairs to large integrated attacks and in doing so facilitate squadrons working together and sharing skills and ideas..
  • It is a training map
  • It is a mission map
  • It is a map just fun to fly in (in certain spots lol)
  • It can be used ad-hoc or with full multi squadron planning
  • Each squadron aircraft is good in areas but few, if any, are good in all areas. Individually they are weak, combined they are strong.
  • The Super Carriers are a 50/50 mix F18 and F14 to encourage combined training on training nights
  • I could script 100 missions on this map just as it is. You can too. If it all works and is welcomed by the group then standard missions will be scripted with WP for certain aircraft and be available.
  • All AC currently have 1 WP, BLUE BULLSEYE.
  • The F10 Map is Blind to AC and RED / BLUE assets but current Intel of threats and targets, Syrian and Insurgent as well as approx location markers are present and can be called up at will. So navigation is the order of the day. TACAN is not around and some of our aircraft do not have ADF. New guys not to worry, I left in 1 cheat, LCTRL+F10 will call the F10 map zoomed in to you position.... zoom out some and you know where you are and what SAM battery you are orbiting.
  • Use Lebanon for Free-Flight
  • F18C and F14B leads on the carrier have a comms trigger to initiate a one time plague of fighters to keep them happy.
  • Full use of SLMod will be made giving the ability for SQN officers to reset the mission etc.
Syria is truly a fanstastic map. Damascus area in this cut is a wee bit target rich and SAM heavy but there are countless armoured divisions entrenched there. With craft you can get through. Take you time at first and get used to breaking locks - the SAMs are all ('ish) old stuff.

We will see.

It will be on observed test for the next few days and should be good for the weekend. Please be patient.
BRIEFING1.png
BRIEFING1.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2710 times
BRIEFING22.png
BRIEFING22.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 2664 times
BRIEFING3.png
BRIEFING3.png (650.37 KiB) Viewed 2710 times
BRIEFING4.png
BRIEFING4.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 2710 times
BRIEFING5.png
BRIEFING5.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2710 times
Kind Regards
Chris :)

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: SYRIA COMBINED SQUADRONS TRAINING MAP

Post by 0405 Andrew »

That looks great.
Thanks for all of your hard work.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

Wow! Great work Chris!
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

WoooHoo, I know what I am doing tonight!
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

A typo my end lads, forgot to put F16's in the listing but they are all in there, 12 up north soon to be Cyprus and 12 at David...
Kind Regards

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

There's no A-10's on it, just a bloody Yak :lol:
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Spanky

Post by Spanky »

Wow!
Hello by the way.
And amazing work! I cant wait to mess around in this beautiful map world youve created
I sound like a real shit to ask this, but how hard would it be to add F14 As? The B is definitely better, yet probably because its new I cant help myself and fly the A anytime I have a choice.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

The Syria map will be the first to run to an updated format, and should go live in a couple of days when we have squashed bugs. It is my intention to open the servers up to the public soon, as they prove to be a good recruiting tool. If you want to get some uninterrupted training time in on them, your squadron staff will have the power to add the password back in, providing it is removed and the server in question restarted at the end of your session. We have yet to implement automatic restarting of missions, and more features will be added over time too. The main feature will be SLMod, which should enable admins to select a mission from a library, change maps, and restart missions as needed too. Admins will probably be nominated by Squadron staff.

All servers will be reset once a day, and the server rebooted at that point too.

Everything will, of course, be subject to updates as and when we discover issues, and as reports come in about your findings and observations.

Any ideas for additional content would be appreciated too.

Once this third server is bedded in, we will add a fourth, which will cater for all the less popular maps such as Normandy, the Channel and NTTR. As new maps materialise, we will decide which will be the main use ones, and which will go into server 4.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

Bugs squashed!

5 min delay added after any Damascus standing RED CAP is shot down before respawn... better facilitates clearance ops for ground pounders to do their stuff and get out.

Pretty intro pictures to show I really added 20 F16's, 10 north and 1south.... hopefully the mob with burning torches and pitchforks outside will disperse soon.

F2 is allowed so on spawn just look around outside high to get your bearings. There is wind so always use that to decide on the active.

If this afternoon test goes okay it'll be opened up live from tonight.

Someone asked for a F14 variant... I sort that on the next rewrite along with any other requests...

Of course there may well be some more issues about, post here if found.
Kind Regards

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

The Syria server has now gone live, but is still under development. Have fun!
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server”