RAF Air UK REQUIRED MODS / SKINS Pack

john (scooby)

Re: RAF Air UK REQUIRED MODS / SKINS Pack

Post by john (scooby) »

Neil Willis wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 05:19 I accept that Scooby, but it seems from a couple of images seen recently, that not all of us see it that way.

All I ask is that we keep this in perspective, and not let it get out of hand. We need to find a happy medium is all.
agreed
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

I second the idea of a qualifying period for new pilots, it takes time to create a personal skin after all, and certainly in my mindset, I'm not going to waste either Father cool or my time creating a skin for a pilot who has been with the Sqn for a month and hasn't attended a single training or wing night.

Just for clarity Chris, I was not, nor am I angry about this, I merely wanted to state my case that a larger majority of the guys I fly with regularly like having a bit of personalisation on their jet, it adds immersion for them.

We all appreciate everything you do for the wing, and I know there are others, myself included who are actively trying to push the wing forward for the benefit of all.

You all have my support and I will dive into whatever the leadership team needs doing, I've written the generic SOP for the wing and am just waiting on two sections from Alan's experienced mind to complete that package and I will be keeping on top of them going forward with editing and perhaps even ensuring standards are met by all if that is required. I'm more than happy to administrate the skins package in whatever format the wing decides to go with it.

Healthy discussion is always the way forward, not this, this has descended into something completely different.

As for obscene images, 100% agree there is no place for that here and personally when I create a skin or a helmet paint scheme, I create everything from scratch to avoid any copyright infringements

I am sure, as a good compromise, we can limit the number of skins base files, but add some personalisation for key personalities and names on the cockpit for all is not a huge drama.
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Looks like we have a happy middle ground.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Chris wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 03:01 Okay lads, I feel your tone and anger which to me is a tad sad.

Beanie, I objected to Spanky's proposed style of nose art he requested / displayed. I don't want to see that totally juvenile nonsense on aircraft on my screen where it can be seen by my wife and grand children. Tasteful nudes sure, spread open girls crudely depicting gentialia or squatting on things is another matter...
  • I having been trying to create a shared game environment for the benefit of all. I decided that the bare minimum of mods would benefit gameplay of certain squadrons.
I see this was just a misunderstanding now. I thought you had objections to 3(F) skins of which we have three standard skins (Two training skins and one operational skin) we also have personal skins that we use on our own machines.

At the time I hadn't realised you were talking about the nude nose art.

My bad, sorry about that. I'll go back into my corner now. :)

Andy
Sqn Leader Andrew "Beanie" Benson - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

dinglee

Post by dinglee »

In General i am in full agreement with the use of squadron skins but i do have to draw the line at skins that just do not tell the truth! I am aware of a skin that has the WBA FC logo on it that is totally inexcusable and quite offensive. As we all know this football team CANNOT play football as demonstrated by their position in the league and I expect this to be removed immediately to stop the fiction it creates! :twisted: Up the Villa!

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Wolves surely Dinglee?

Villa will soon get back to their recent form.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

My attempt to standardise required RAF Air UK MOD and SKINS pack for use in servers and missions for new joiners, easy update and presentable videography work has failed and I have abandoned any further canvasing.
HMS Hermes will be removed from the SYRIA map soon.

Unfortunately I now realise that I stand little success in getting squadrons working more together rather than as the seperate units. Devolution is King by the looks of it so I have no desire to continue my planned communal work in this direction such as server mission updates,variations, Helo integration etc and RAF Air Communal missions are abandoned too... I shall concentrate on myself, help any one 1-1 if wanted and start to polish the Yak LOL.

With no regrets, Happy Christmas to all and your families, wishing everyone a healthy and prosperous 2021 :)
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I have significant sympathy with Chris's views. I too find the excessive concern with peripheral matters well over the top.

It is probably a function of my age, but every time I join, or try to join, I find that I need a new lump of software, or am required to to register with some (Anti-) social networking system. All I want to do is fly.

It is partly as a result of this that I also decided not to continue with mission building - that, and the fact that missions were now exceeding my white-cell count!

I will continue to remain a member, and will even try to fly occasionally, when I can understand the briefing and I am able to get my newly-required software installed and get on-line in sufficient time.

Remember - every hours flying requires at least 3 hrs prep and briefing.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Chris wrote: 14 Dec 2020, 07:53 My attempt to standardise required RAF Air UK MOD and SKINS pack for use in servers and missions for new joiners, easy update and presentable videography work has failed and I have abandoned any further canvasing.
HMS Hermes will be removed from the SYRIA map soon.

Unfortunately I now realise that I stand little success in getting squadrons working more together rather than as the seperate units. Devolution is King by the looks of it so I have no desire to continue my planned communal work in this direction such as server mission updates,variations, Helo integration etc and RAF Air Communal missions are abandoned too... I shall concentrate on myself, help any one 1-1 if wanted and start to polish the Yak LOL.

With no regrets, Happy Christmas to all and your families, wishing everyone a healthy and prosperous 2021 :)
rafair is a lethargic beast :( your campaigns really got everybody engaged and thats going to be sorely missed
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

Syrian Map Update
No MODs are required for the Server Map (HMS Hermes & some Helo based furniture)

RED threat Mig29S + Full A2A loads replaced by Mig21BIS with normal loads tp make the map more enjoyable foal all. SAM threats unchanged
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server”