Hosting a server

Telson

Re: Hosting a server

Post by Telson »

Update 19/09/2021

Corrected issues with CTLD, Thank you Paul for helping to test, Helicopters can now pick up and drop off crates and existing troops, may still have an issue with spawned troops but could be working now, please test.

Discord bot added and temporary server setup to monitor events in real time https://discord.gg/nDfgf8HA
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Simon

Andrew mentioned you would like a copy of the 60 Sqn CTLD that adds weighted infantry for Heli Ops. This is attached. It is generally the same as 60Sqn normal CTLD, with just the added scripts to simulate weight. This CTLD is courtesy of Gizzy.

Neal
Attachments
Huey_CTLD_weights_Vietnam_Final_v3_Sep 21.zip
(42.55 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Telson

Post by Telson »

Hi Neal
Thanks for the file, will take a look and see if I can get it implemented in the mission.
There are quite a few changes in the CTLD script the mission uses so persistence works, they also did some edits to the weights and sling load.
Apparently the work was done by the author of CTLD especially for DCSM which does the persistence in my mission, I have to be careful what I edit in order to not screw things up..
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

0405 Andrew wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 21:46 Yes, there is certainly legs in it.
To approach it in an organised way we'd need the a briefing prior to the mission starting.
Maybe we should have a section on the forum for this (and similar missions) where we have a general SOP for how the missions will run, that way the intricacies of how the missions play out can be explained there with a referable set of document. These can be the same regardless of the designated objectives and and will allow those not familiar with this kind of mission to get their heads around it. Anyone then wishing to join in on a mission night (where we are using this server) would then already be up to speed and vastly reduce the need for extensive briefings. As the mission objectives are generated in server as you go there would be nothing mission specific to brief in any case.

Just a thought.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

I reckon that's a great idea.
Just need someone to take the bull by horns and own it.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Telson

Post by Telson »

OK, I have been away a while and have just let the server run for a whole month, it was still stable and working today, the missions were still being generated and AI was still doing their thing, in fact the enemy had captured a few airbases from Bluefor so my first flight was to recapture one of the main spawn bases.
Im not sure if anyone has been on the server during the month or not, if not can I ask why? Is there a reason it's not being used?
I have flown a lot of sorties on the server and it's a great mission, plenty of enemy Air and ground targets, AI friendlies you can call if you are alone, although I do admit the menu system is a little complicated.
So I was looking at making a few more edits that people might want or need, any ideas or opinions would be very welcome, would you prefere a different map? Syria is a bit of a frame rate hog and not everyone has it so this might be an issue, I can start fresh on Caucasses or even Maldives if you would prefer.
Anyway let me know what you would like and I will see what I can come up with.
Telson
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server”