Hosting a server

Danny
Site Admin

Re: Hosting a server

Post by Danny »

Sounds great buddy, happy to help with the testing 8-)

Thanks for sorting ATIS too :D
Wing Commander Andrew 'Danny' Daniel - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Telson

Post by Telson »

Update 30/08/2021
I have been working on a few changes for Version 2 of the RAF Air Persistent mission.

Mission: RAFAIR_V2_PVE (Still being worked on so not live yet)

Completed:
ATIS Updated and now working correctly, Tune Airfield +0.10

IADS (Integrated Air Defence System), Added and working correctly,
SAM sites are now integrated and communicate with each other, they will also shut down the radar if they track anti radar missiles being launched, this is based on the skill of the radar unit and also set at 50% probability (this can be lowered if needed), the missiles (HARM, Sidearm) can still hit their target if they have a good lock before the radar shuts down as I have set the units as static so they won't move once they fire.
Opfor SAM control units also now have the ability to call or vector Aircraft to intercept you.
Somewhere on the map there is a command unit that controls all SAM sites, if this is destroyed all sites will act independently and will not be able to communicate any more.

Basic Opfor airfield defences added to all enemy airfields (ZU-23)

Being worked now:
Supply chain and network.
Factories to produce Fuel, Weapons, Aircrafts and Vehicles
Supply chain via road (convoys) from Factories to Warehouses, then from Warehouses to airfields.
Cargo aircraft flying to and from distant Airfields.
Factories, Warehouses, convoys and cargo aircraft can be destroyed to cut the enemy supply lines and reduce their ability to fight.

Future plans:
Change enemy skill level to reflect the expertise of the units of Opfor in 2010,
Alter the type and amount of available of Weapons, Aircrafts and Vehicles for both Blufor and Opfor based on the availability in the year 2010.
Set factories on Opfor side to act as importers from Russia and Iran, Set factories for Blufor to act as importers but at a higher level to reflect the larger economy of Blufor countries.
Weapon training area on the West coast of Cyprus, another south of Ramat David and one more West of Incirlik, these areas are well defended so practice can go ahed uninterrupted.
Update Blufor based on RAF Air Syria template.

Any feedback or questions very welcome, anyone wanting to help test and fine tune let me know.
Telson
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Telson

Post by Telson »

Update 03/09/2021

Mission: DSMC_RAFAIR_V2B

LHA-1 Tarawa has joined the operation with a complement of 8 AV-8B N/A Aircraft.

Mutley Memorial added next to active runways at Incirlic and Ramat David.
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Telson

Post by Telson »

Update 04/09/2021

All FARPs corrected and updated, FARPs now have 8 Landing Pads, each FARP has 4x Hueys and 4x Mi-24.

Airbases and FARPs now have a limited supply, Both Bluefor and Opfor have supply routes that the Airbases and FARPs will call on, supply Convoys and routes are legitimate targets. Resupply time will vary depending on distance from main supply depots.

Please note: Do pre flight checks before you take off, In the unlikely event the airbase or FARP you are at runs out of stores, The AI ground crew will not let you know if they have run out of weapons, they will just leave you with empty pylons. Manual loading will show if the airbase or FARP has the supplies, Bring back as much you can to base, when you land and shut down the stores, aircraft and fuel are added back to the airbase of FARP supplies

You can watch this to see how it works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB0ajqW ... rimReapers
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Nice one Simon.
Some of the hueys had no fuel and were not kitted out with door gunners.

Finding the Pickup zone was difficult so an indication with smoke or something like that would be helpful. It said
- 0km to pick zone
-you are not in a pick up zone.

A GLO threat map is invaluable, I'm not sure how easy this would be to make.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Telson

Post by Telson »

Hi Andrew
Thanks for the feed back
"Some of the hueys had no fuel and were not kitted out with door gunners"
I went over the FARPs last night, they were set all wrong, 1 pad for 16 helicopters lol, this is sorted now and all aircraft have full tanks. still need to check why door gunners were not available.

"Finding the Pickup zone was difficult so an indication with smoke or something like that would be helpful"
Checked this last night, I believe there is a smoke request already in under the DSMC menu, can you check this please,.
I also checked the mission and have to apologise as there were no cargo Hueys at Incerlic, the hueys were Search and Rescue so this could have been why you could not pick up, I have now put a couple of cargo Hueys and Mi-24s at Incerlic. The problem could have also been the type of building you were bing asked to pick up from, Will take a look at the scripts later.

"A GLO threat map is invaluable, I'm not sure how easy this would be to make"
Could you send me an example image of a threat map, will take a look if it's something that can be done with map markers.

Telson
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Cheers, when I get a moment I'll take a look again.

GLO map is like the intel map i send round prior to a Tuesday mission. It shows all of positions of the enemy. I was thinking about it last night, if the f10 map has show all this would surfice.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Telson

Post by Telson »

Hi
The trouble with show all units or Fog of war on the map is that the amount of stuff the map has to display slows the server down greatly. The same can bee seen on the RAF Air Syria mission when you select all markers on mission.
Im looking at the possibility of having map areas markers or something similar that will be displayed if there is a SAM site in the area and a smaller one for AAA, the markers will disapear if the group is destroyed.
The hope is to have no Opfor icons on the map at all apart from Map area markers.
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Telson

Post by Telson »

After hours of prating about I found out map areas markers are not possible.
I am going over the mission to add markers at airfields that say "AAA in this area" and or "SAMs in this area" The markers will disappear if the sam site group or AAA group are destroyed.
Just remember the 6 P's (Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance). Think before you pile in, Do some planning and checking before you take off.

Telson
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Map markers are definitely the way to go.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server”