Hosting a server

Telson

Re: Hosting a server

Post by Telson »

Update 06/09/2021

I have added some map markers just to test, they seem to be working fine, I have not put them directly on top of the AAA or SAM units just to keep some sense of randomness to the mission, they are area markers stating that a SAM site or AAA site is within the area, they will disappear it the SAM or AAA group is destroyed.
Once I have this fully working I will be changing the map to show friendly icons only. This will help to keep the frame rates acceptable.

Telson
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Telson

Post by Telson »

Update 08/09/2021

Server speed should be a lot better, no Lag spikes should be seen.
Logistics updated and fully working, limited fuel weapons and airframes for both sides. Blufor have quicker supply speed and a greater amount of supplies available.
Fog of war map markers removed, Only Friendly markers are enabled on the map now.
Static Map Markers in the general location of AAA And SAM sites added, these will be automatically deleted if the AAA or SAM group is destroyed.
Over 200 missions are available for you, you can skip a mission from the menu in the RAF Air section, the system will pick a new mission from the list.
If an airbase is captured by bluefor and you land, your aircraft will be available to use again at that airfield in no more than 6 hours, (The spanner monkeys are doing all they can).

Help needed to test Helicopter menu's and Farp usage and supply.

PDF players guide to DSCM https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uDjV27 ... sp=sharing

Feedback wanted, testing needed.

Known Issues:
AI and Player aircraft can spawn on the same parking slot causing both to explode.
Too many aircraft spawning at one airfield can drain the fuel supply very quickly.
Fix coming in next edit, i.e move Player or AI aircraft to a separate airfield.

Thanks Telson
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Telson

Post by Telson »

Update 13/09/2021

Updated mission will launch at 3AM 14/09/2021.

Player aircraft in the North moved to Adana Sakirpasa from Incirlik, this is to resolve the issue of player aircraft spawning on top of AI aircraft.

Logistics system totally rebuilt and updated for better delivery of stores to both sides.

2 FARPs removed from central Syria, these were setup incorrectly and would never have worked correctly. 2 FARPs still remain, one in the North near Hama another in the South near Ramat David. Helicopter pilots can transport supplies to build and deploy new FARPs if needed.

Map markers updated for enemy AAA and SAM sites.

Corrected Airfield capture, once all enemy at an airfield are destroyed the airfield will be captured and you can land.

Airbase stores, when you land at an airbase move to the parking area and shutdown your aircraft, contact the ground crew and empty your Aircraft of all weapons, fuel and counter measures, this will put the items back in the airfield stores for future allocation. Failure to do this will mean the items will be lost when you leave the server. This is due to a DCS limitation and not something that can be corrected in the mission.
Your aircraft and the stores will be put back into circulation and made available after the server restarts at 3AM each morning, this also applies for newly captured airfields.

Feedback wanted, testing needed.

Known Issues:
None at the moment, please report any issues found.
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Telson

Post by Telson »

I have been doing a bit of research in order to try to get the resupply networking for airbases working as realistically as possible,

I am working along the line of having 8 trucks in each supply convoy, that convoy traveling at an average speed of 50MPH and each truck being able to carry 22 tons of cargo which I believe is the average load for a HGV.
The loading time for 22 tons of palleted cargo is about 15 minutes per truck per forklift so 2 forklifts can load 8 trucks in an hour

The next update will include an updated resupply system, each airfield will have limited stocks of Aircraft, Fuel and weapons, when the stock falls lower than 50% the airfield will call for resupply, a virtual convoy will leave the supply depot carrying 176 tons of cargo at an average speed of 50MPH, this will be limited to once per hour for each supply depot.

Unfortunately these convoys can only be virtual due to the DCS mission scripting capabilities at the moment.

Telson
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Morning,
You might want to have a look at this page. My experiences come from working in ATC - First Gulf War and roadside recovery (heavy wreckers).

First of all I dont know your background so if I am teaching you to suck eggs I apologise.

Due to the complexity and obvious dangers of what we virtually need to supply and move, you will find that in real life outside of the services you have a small number of drivers who will be qualified to do the moving with a standard HGV. Hence a lot of military hardware is moved by the RLC or service suppliers.

https://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/logistic-vehicles/
https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/medi ... pplier.pdf

What you are looking at then is either 16 tonnes of palleted cargo or one ISO container for anything interesting. Looking at the RAF Supplier role pdf you will see that they send cargo by all mediums, Air, Land and Sea. infact for the first gulf war a lot or ordinance was transported via Sea due to the big lead in times involved. However, the first night of the air war I was the Duty ATC Driver and got the great pleasure, sarcasm engaged, of doing follow me for six DAC (dangerous air cargo) arrivals that got turned back. That was an interesting and fun time telling rubber necking RAFP to go and do one infront of delta dispersal at RAF Akrotiri. All aircraft where carrying Paveway's to top up the last of the bomb dumps prior to kick off.

Another thing that did happen was we got a VC-10 unloading fuel at Akrotiri while I was there, so it can be done its just very wasteful but quick.

So my questions:
Whats our main ordinance dropped?
How heavy is it?
How many can an A400 or a C17 carry?

For Sea lift I dont know how they are transported, however, if we are like the Yanks then I believe bombs and missiles are palleted.

Conclusion:
Depending on what stores DCS manages you will more than likely have 16 metric tonnes of supplies per truck. If DCS takes into account all supply issues then it would go upto the standard HGV. After checking DCS takes into account Liquids and Equipment (munitions) so it should be 16t of cargo per MANN truck

Fuel:
Should be able to be handled by qualified civilian handlers, https://www.gdjones.co.uk/en/vehicles. For a station like RAF Linton on Ouse with three squadrons operating all day we had (to the best of my knowledge) on 44t delivery every approximately 10 days (rough guess). RAF Cottesmore when operating as TTTE always used to have atleast a bulk delivery every other day.

I hope the above helps and once again if its been a sucking eggs exercise I apologise.

NOTES:
A400-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A400M_Atlas-20t or 30t shown on Wiki page (30t from UK to Akro and 20t to well into the Middle East)
C17-A-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_C- ... master_III, 77.5t of palleted cargo or 3 x Stryker sized vehicles.
Standard Pattel System-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/463L_master_pallet (USAF)
Last edited by Smithy on 15 Sep 2021, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
Student Pilot Rich Smith - RAF Air UK

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Brill. Now lets get some people on the server flying against this stuff!

I think maybe an organised evening each week where we know someone will be on to co-ordinate some attacks?
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

I wonder if it could be introduced in to Tuesday night, once or twice a month? If there isn't an organised mission.

I must admit I can't quite get my head round these type of missions regarding the planning. How do the waypoints and targets get set up, would they need to be inputted when you get in to the pit or is it more of an Ad-hoc experience?
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Telson

Post by Telson »

Hi all
First of all its pleasing to see a bit of interest in what i am trying to achieve, for a while I thought I might be flogging a dead horse LOL.
The mission is not perfect and I still have some work to do, but it is fun.

@smithy
Thank you for the information I will look at updating the supply runs closer to what you have recommended. If possible a chat on TS at some point would be helpfull, so we can both come up with as realistic supply chain as possible within the limited DCS warehouse system.

@0405 Andrew
We can try a Tuesday night get together and see how it goes, bearing in mind the PC is sat in my front room so it will be limited by my internet which is fiber and not cable.
In regard to mission planning, it will not be very easy as the mission generates targets on the fly, the targets are selected at random and there are over 200 built in, to add to this the server restarts at 3AM every day, when it restarts it creates a new mission taking in to account the supplies used, the aircraft lost and targets destroyed, so the following mission starts off exactly where the last one ended minus about 5 minutes that it takes to actually restart the server, once restarted the random target selection starts a fresh.
Also keep in mind there is no guarantee that there will be enough supplies of even aircraft at the airbases that are close enough together for everyone to go on a joint sortie.
I suppose one possibility would be to attack multiple airfields and the warehouses at the airfields at the same time but taking off from multiple airfields, as airfields and warehouses are fixed this can be planned in advance and we can RV at a predefined point.
0527 Simon "Telson" Few
RAF Air UK - 1(F) Sqn
Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

0405 Andrew wrote: 15 Sep 2021, 15:54 I wonder if it could be introduced in to Tuesday night, once or twice a month? If there isn't an organised mission.

I must admit I can't quite get my head round these type of missions regarding the planning. How do the waypoints and targets get set up, would they need to be inputted when you get in to the pit or is it more of an Ad-hoc experience?
The mission generates targets and then you input your own waypoints etc to suit. If there are a few of you then the squadron would choose the target and formulate a plan on the fly. Of course CAP etc can be seperate to the missions generated with a view to supporting the other squadrons doing the other missions. For example, 11f could set up say two CAP areas, one near Hama and one to the south and then the other squadrons playing out their designated targets could call in 11f for air support if needed or maybe 892 could be running SEAD and get called in for those strikes if required. I think there is certainly legs in it.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Yes, there is certainly legs in it.
To approach it in an organised way we'd need the a briefing prior to the mission starting.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Dedicated Flight Server”