Welcome 2015

Danny

Welcome 2015

Post by Danny »

Welcome back one and all, another year is upon us, and a busy year for 74 Squadron.

RAFAIR is growing nicely now as I'm sure your aware. This presents us with a great opportunity to become bigger and better. It also allows us to progress the way we want and be more selective.

We had a meeting before Christmas, for those that were currently squadron members, and the general concensus was we wanted to do things right or as much as possible given that this is a sim and a hobby. We are not going to become anal but certainly right of centre towards anal. If this is your idea of fun, your in the right place.

We have a new squadron SOP nearing completion which outlines how we wish to operate. We have a new weapons qualification process which all members new and old will need to complete.

There will be a lot of training missions but we also need some combat missions. We need mission writers, testers and ideas, there is no point having loads of pilots and no interesting missions because boredom will set in and pilots will leave. There is only so much training you can do.

Although the SOP is coming I just want to highlight some important points

It takes a fair bit of admins, and others, time to create missions, briefings, run the site, create signatures, the list goes on, so could all members of both 74 Squadron and RAFAIR have the good manners to arrive ready to fly, have the briefing to hand, DCS up to date, skins installed so the rest of us can take-off as planned.

We have all been a bit late, its unavoidable, but to then ask what weapons, time, mission are we using and then holding everyone up whilst you are sorting your shit out is unbelievable.

Also there is a handy tool on the forum called "view unread posts"

This is invaluable in allowing you to keep up with current events and not having to say "I didn't know about.............."

So lets all pull together and have a good year going forward. Myself and Simon have great plans for this year and we want to hear your ideas, so don't be shy. 8-)

Cheers Danny

Return to “Mess”