De-Brief 25-11-14

Danny

De-Brief 25-11-14

Post by Danny »

Overview

Generally I think the mission went well.

Aries has already been discussed. One thing I will say is that a bit of patience is required at the start of the mission. I heard people radio checking and then complaining it wasn't working but I couldn't reply because I was still setting up my channels. Perhaps everyone stays on eavesdropper until we are all set-up?

ATC was much better than I expected on the whole. Neil did a great job, I thought, and as expected so did Keith. It is a bit daunting at first but as Keith pointed out, there isn't much to it once you become familiar with it, at our level and requirement's.

The trip to Vaziani went well and most pilots had a spell as lead. If you didn't, don't worry, everyone will be lead qualified eventually.

Issue's

Please read and refer to the briefing before, and during the flight.
If you do not have a printer, there are several options:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129341
This program allows PDF's to be imported

I will produce briefing's as both PDF and JPEG so you can import directly to your kneeboard.

It appeared that only the OC skins were showing. I have checked the mission and correct skins were selected.

Jim, could you check all squadron skins x6 are on the server.
Could you also install 476th vFG Range objects onto server.

TACVIEW is still only showing 1 A/C.
Jim can you confirm if you did the config file fix I suggested on the new server?

Mission builders- Don't select fog of war on views, for some reason it stops you viewing our AWACS and tankers, in external views. We could see Tonka's though which is odd.

Don't add AI flights from our airfields as it makes ATC even harder, as they are not in radio contact.

Feedback

Anything you guys want to add is more than welcome, either about last night or the future.

Any documents you think we need or want, either ask here or do yourself. If doing yourself liase with me, Simon or Neil beforehand as we are still in the process of updating or creating a lot of documents.

Meeting

I'd like to have a Squadron meeting, maybe once a month. First one 1st December 2014 at 2000.

Please let me know if this is suitable for all. We can alter to have maximum attendance.

Cheers Danny

Simon.Collier

Re: De-Brief 25-11-14

Post by Simon.Collier »

Thanks for the De-Brief Danny.

Pity i couldn't make last night but its great to see you all had a good time.
Squadron meetings once a month sounds like a good plan to me. I can certainly make Monday 1st December 2014 at 2000 but im flexible if you need to re-arrange for maximum attendance, i will be able to make any time that week.

Cheers
Simon

Chilts

Post by Chilts »

Thank you Danny - nice debrief.

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience last night and I am more than happy to offer guidance on the ATC side to anyone interested, although the new guy 'Mav' is way more qualified in the Tower field than me!

I'm fine for the 1st also.

Can't help thinking that being lead is the easy part - keeping in foramtion with you guys was the challenge for me!!

shane hunter

Post by shane hunter »

Im good for meeting time and day

I think we should get hang of it
I was pushed for time with work last night
So shot in front visani first but enjoyed it never the less
One thing i would add if we are using aries it would be good
To have frequencies sorted out in the briefing and if we make proper
Use of the calander for availabilites it would be possible to seat people as well in flight order
Just a thought i know its hard to imploment seats

Jim.Hall

Post by Jim.Hall »

Danny will sort before tommorow evening!

Regards

JIm

Danny

Post by Danny »

Cheers Jim.

Shane, thanks for the feedback. I've hopefully figured a way to have the radio's pre-set with all the frequencies, but if not we will be using them from the frequency cards ie ch3 74 flight 1 is 128.00 VHF. Yes I agree we all need to start using the calender more.

Cheers Danny

Danny

Post by Danny »

Jim,

I changed the config before Xmas but only just checked, and TACVIEW is now operating and showing all aircraft on the server 8-)

Cheers Danny

Jim.Hall

Post by Jim.Hall »

Result!

You'll be able to see my furball with a Su33 in which I got a manoeuvre kill after I disengaged and started running for home the guy lawdarted while trying to look for me.

Regards

Jim

Return to “Briefings”