17 Febuary 2015

Danny

17 Febuary 2015

Post by Danny »

Briefing for Tues, plus a data card I knocked up a while back which you can edit,print,save
Attachments
Mission Briefing 17 Febuary.pdf
(747.19 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
RAFAIR Datacard 1.pdf
(749.33 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

Teddy

Re: 17 Febuary 2015

Post by Teddy »

Thanks Danny, looking forward to it. Can you just make sure I have got the radio frequencies right? I am probably being an idiot.

74 Sq Flt A - VHF pre-set 3
74 Sq Flt B - VHF pre-set 4
74 Sq Flt C - VHF pre-set ?

Inter flight - VHF pre-set 15 ? Surely this needs to be on another radio so a Flt lead can hear his own Flt and the other Flts at the same time?

Inter Sq - ? Or not required?

FAC Colt 1-1 - FM 31

Then Vaz tower (and approach) - UHF 1

Obviously there are more, but these are the ones I think are mst needed..

Teddy

Jim.Hall

Post by Jim.Hall »

Cheers Danny will read through.

Regards

Jim

Danny

Post by Danny »

Hi Teddy,
74 Sq Flt C - VHF pre-set ?

Inter flight - VHF pre-set 15 ? Surely this needs to be on another radio so a Flt lead can hear his own Flt and the other Flts at the same time?
There are not enough frequencies for everyone, so we have compromised. Each sqn only has 2 presets for inter flight comms. Just in case everyone on 74 sqn turns up, we have a third flight, C flight. I have borrowed a channel from another sqn, vhf stud 15.
Once out of Tbilisi control, standard practice is for all to switch to common (stud 19? Not sure not on my PC) This is so all flt leads can communicate with each other and AWACS, flt leads can also switch to each others channels if necessary.

Hope that makes sense and answers your question

Cheers Danny

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Thanks Danny,

So C will take VHF 15.

After take off everyone uses VHF to talk intra-flight (ie between the four wingmen) and uses UHF 251 (19) for everything inter flight/squadron.

I understand now thanks,

Jim.Hall

Post by Jim.Hall »

I've set stud 16 SPARE for panther?

UHF all on common 251.00 ?

Data sheet
RAFAIR_Datacard_1.pdf
(172.19 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

Danny

Post by Danny »

Can you change yours to 15 please mate, ive already put it in the briefing and I don't wanna confuse everyone.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I suggest that both 97 and 74 share the common channel (stud 19 on UHF) for inter-flight/inter squadron comms. That way, the flight leads will be able to keep track of what the other squadron is up to. If there is no 666 Squadron participation, we can always use their channels for additional flight nets.

I don't expect there will be a lot of traffic on that net.

What is the AUX channel for?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Is there any additional background to the scenario?

- Who's Red who's Blue? (Orange/Green)
- Boundaries?
- Latest POS. intel on attacking force?

/D

Danny

Post by Danny »

I suggest that both 97 and 74 share the common channel (stud 19 on UHF) for inter-flight/inter squadron comms. That way, the flight leads will be able to keep track of what the other squadron is up to.
Exactly, thats what it is for, plus AWACS (if available) will be on common, each sqn has inter-flight channels assigned on VHF.

This means flt leads can monitor all aircraft in the air on UHF, whilst interflight comms is carried out on VHF and keeps the common frequency free of unessessary chatter.

The AUX channel was forced on me because I had to work the frequencies to suit all aircraft types, MIG-21 uses AUX as a channel

Return to “Briefings”