Op Northern Plunder Day2

Teddy

Op Northern Plunder Day2

Post by Teddy »

Are there any more details about the mission tonight? Do we need any more information?

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Op Northern Plunder Day2

Post by Neil Willis »

A full briefing will be given prior to take off tonight.

The same briefing sheet as used in the first mission will provide all frequencies. There is however no tanker available for this flight, and we will be taking off from Batumi, the newly liberated airstrip we attacked in the first mission.

Neil
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Beslan?

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Thanks Neil, hopefully I can make it tonight as I am looking forward to it. I just had a thought, does someone need to change the AWACS frequencies like last time to a Uniform channel?

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

IN ! :lol:

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Teddy wrote:Thanks Neil, hopefully I can make it tonight as I am looking forward to it. I just had a thought, does someone need to change the AWACS frequencies like last time to a Uniform channel?
Already taken care of Teddy.
ImageImageImage

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Good fun, considering my two incidents.
Not flying low enough to evade the SA11, and then managing to get punched catastrophic by a measly T72 :shock:
I think keeping track of which targets have been fully prosecuted (trigger pushed) is a good idea.
At one point I found a single Masta that I killed which progressed the mission.
Anyways I'll gladly give this another go.

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Yeah I second David, that was great fun last night. I know Nelson enjoyed himself.

Looking at the Tacview track was interesting, thanks David for that, secretly I am quite pleased with my Tacview track.

I think the brief was off slightly, or lacking, not blaming anyone because I understood it pretty quickly after take off, I thought the target was Mozdok, but I guess not until the end when we had killed everything else, hence why Nelson only spent 2 mins in the air...

Jesper, good flying yesterday on your first time out with RAF AIR UK, Nelson and I were flying quite gun-ho and a little less strict than i would normally fly but you get the idea.

Teddy

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Yep, technical issues and the runway catastrophe aside, a great mission. I lost CADC soon after takeoff, which rendered any situational awareness and target tracking impossible. Once I'd had some repairs, it went well.

I think the fact that the airbase was at the FEBA made for an interesting first 30 minutes for some of you guys.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Briefings”