Op Northern Plunder 3

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Op Northern Plunder 3

Post by Neil Willis »

There will be separate airstrips for the 2 Squadrons in the next mission. 97 Sqn remain at Belsan, and 74 Sqn migrate to Mozdok. It will be important to populate all 3 flights for this phase, as they have 3 separate tasks, and varied load outs.

The mission has been updated to match the requirements of RAF Air, and the frequencies will be the same as the first mission, so the briefing sheet is still valid. Again, for this mission there will be no tanker support, and the short distances involved may mean you need to go high immediately to avoid manpads. On the other hand, you may need to stay low to avoid SAMs - you'll have to let me know what works best when I am back :D
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

David Lindau

Re: Op Northern Plunder 3

Post by David Lindau »

Much appreciated Neil, enjoy your vacation.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

You're welcome David - I'll try to enjoy my holiday, but it is a toughie - warm weather, cheap, but excellent wine, cheap but excellent food, I just don't know how I'll cope!

:D
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Mission is slated for tomorrow Tuesday brief at 19:30! (GMT).

Looking forward to this one :D

http://www.rafairuk.co.uk/index.php/pag ... roupsortie

/D

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Good flight.

Nice to see so many guy's online.
Good comm's where it was working, de-conflicting between flights worked nicely from my perspective.

With fact's in hand, I probably should have set up the flight in a tight orbit stacked three high, from a good vantage point down the valley. Maybe 15miles out. And make run's from more or less the same pos. Letting the target-area S/A develop from a fixed IP is probably a good thing.

Ended as expected for me with an telephone pole up the ***. :shock:

Return to “Briefings”