Op Separatist Aggression Day 4

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Op Separatist Aggression Day 4

Post by Neil Willis »

Here are the briefing sheets for the final mission in the Op Separatist Aggression campaign:
Attachments
002-Op Separatist Aggression-002.png
002-Op Separatist Aggression-002.png (206.68 KiB) Viewed 6600 times
002-Op Separatist Aggression-001.png
002-Op Separatist Aggression-001.png (291.78 KiB) Viewed 6600 times
002-Op Separatist Aggression-000.png
002-Op Separatist Aggression-000.png (465.84 KiB) Viewed 6600 times
Operation Separatist Aggression day 4.pdf
(324.46 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Op Separatist Aggression Day 4

Post by Flyco »

I will not be around on Thu, which is a pity because I have a "cunning plan", worthy of Baldrick himself. Any approach to the Big Bird from the sea looks almost impossible, and the same goes for the bridges behind it. Having got shot down on my first try, I went through the hills, and was amazed to find myself overflying the bridges before anyone on the ground (and myself) were aware of it. Unfortunately after passing through them, heavy ground fire took out both my engines, but I managed to force land, with my gear down, on a flattish rise about 1-2 nm North of the BB position. I even contemplated walking to it, just for the hell of it.

I think that two or three pairs, each separated by 2-3 mins could fly the same route and take out the bridges, and a lot of targets before anyone could see them, all hidden from BB's view by a slight rise, which is where I landed! Fly North initially, then Eastish , about 1-2 miles S of the border, cresting any ridges at 20-30 ft and pick up the road running almost south towards BB. It is along that road that the targets and the bridges were to be found. I suggest Mavs, guns or even rockets would be the best weapons. Once the way was open through the AAA, it should be possible to pop up and hit the BB.

I just wish I could have another go. Good luck, and can I have your egg if you don't get back?
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Well Puma flight had a good run, everybody alive and back at base after a flight of approx. 2 hours.
Looking at the tac-view file, we where gently caressing the engagement envelope of a SA-8, that was later taken out by an allied SEAD flight.
Enemy air-assets came a bit to close, Eagles saved us from the 31's, and Hornets (with help from Alan) from the floggers.
Estimate an 18or so enemy armour assets prosecuted. + some infantry and one MI-8.
/David

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Well done puma. I was also lit up by a 31, which was taken out by an F18 when he was about 3-4 nm behind me (I was on the deck doing nearly 400 KIAS by then). It was interesting to note that the 31 showed up as a mini-SPI with a blue line linking it to the oncoming F18 - I hadn't seen that before, and it didn't feel comfortable being the meat in the sandwich between them. Stupidly I then tried to cut the corner in getting home fast and got hit by a ground launched SAM (I think)
Image Image Image Image

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Yep, you ran straight into the airfield containing previously mentioned SA-8 + other IR Sam's.
Sorry I didn't pick up on your navigational mishap, but my TAD was cluttered to say the least. And I was busy high-tail'ing it towards the friendly patriot site's.

Hooking friendly air assets that are using datalink, gives you the type of unit (F15,etc). (was a first for me)

/David

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I must get a copy of Tacview, I miss not having the replay that is available in the off-line DCS. I did take a screenshot of my sad looking A-10C with me standing beside it after my forced landing, but it looks as though I messed that up, cos I can't find it - unless it was one of the pieces of kit that got hit by the AAA ;)
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Would everyone like to re-run this one next Tuesday night?

I'd definitely like another crack at it, as I had an aircraft-energy+mountain interface early on, then couldn't rearm for a second attempt.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Yes, please! I have a great run plotted through the mountains, which I tried again today. Tremendous until again I hit all the mobile AAA quite suddenly. If you want to try it:

Senakai
GH 06211 67267
GH 19316 75427
FH 96401 94871
FJ 69396 02576
FH 52016 98439
FJ 40509 06765
FJ 18389 03389
FH 13422 89536
Then direct to the S300 site gunning down the bad guys en route (in theory)

Even if it's not successful the valley flying and ridge scraping is good fun.
Image Image Image Image

Chilts

Post by Chilts »

Neil Willis wrote:Would everyone like to re-run this one next Tuesday night?

I'd definitely like another crack at it, as I had an aircraft-energy+mountain interface early on, then couldn't rearm for a second attempt.
Yes please

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

A revised briefing sheet for Thursday's sortie:
Attachments
Operation Separatist Aggression day 4.pdf
(345.19 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
001-Op Separatist Aggression-002.png
001-Op Separatist Aggression-002.png (226.28 KiB) Viewed 6555 times
001-Op Separatist Aggression-001.png