All have seen seen issues with missing RED objects and random AC failure.
I have looked at 'Faux-Fulda' in the ME and can see no obvious issues. It is a simple mission with a few push starts on triggers. Only one MOD was written in, De ZImms using tents and containers.
Although not involved in RAFAir Multi SQN mission design by choice I have a lot of experience over many years in muliplayer missions, design, scripts and extensive use of MODs. For what RAFAir is trying to achieve with 20-30 players and multiple flight plans is very demanding on DCS and takes an awful lot of sever handshaking with all the clients in an attempt to give the illusion of community flying. There will always be bugs and each update of DCS may allow bugs to appears in strange and obscure ways.
The current process of copying and pasting flights I suggested many moons ago and for the most part, due to Andrews enthusiasm and diligence , it works. BUT the more pastes are done, with repeats, amendments and amendments on amendments etc the more scope there is for user or ME error.
3rd Party MODs can effect game play in strange ways. I have spent 100's of hours troubleshooting MODs in the past and with strange results i.e. at one stage just having ONE range object in a MP miz on a dedicated server caused f18C to only auto start one engine not 2 and Mi8 rotor blades to mast bump and break off on idle after start up. Several updates later it was gone.
There is no issues with MIST scripting if chosen to be used. What you write / use either works or it does not, testing quickly throws up errors.
To cut a long (er) story short consider:-
- No MODs at all in RAFAir Multi SQN missions. (YOU do not have to remove them from your saved games folder, they are fine there, if not in the mission miz they will not be activated)
- Designers, be creative with statics, consider FARP Tents, Containers, Armed fortified buildings logistics are all available - add more umph to the damage model put a petrol tanker inside or bedside the tent / building etc...
- If SQUADRON flights submitted for copy and paste do not contain precise target points then just submit 1 AC per load out and let the designer know and he can add the flight numbers... if the WPs are 50 yards apart due to the way the ME does this it is of no consequence.
- For those flights with precise WP/TGTs then let the designer know the TGT WPs to ensure the height is correct after pasting. Likewise the designer should paste the flights to the same parking slot or use airstart transfers.
- Keep SQN submissions simple and if possible not get hung up on callsigns or the speed of moving targets etc... The designer can push vehicles on a simple trigger when close so an area to patrol, so all should be fine.
- No pause of the mission whilst waiting for 30 odd people to ALL join at the same time.... this just overloads things at a crucial time... simply arrange for the mission to start at say 1930 UK Time with no take offs until a certain time, say 8pm UK. This will require all moving threats to be pushed or activated though.
- Have a TOT for all Flights. Let the SQNs work out the actual TO time and speeds and TOT. Multiple SQNS at one airfield let the SQN COs sort TO order to suit all
Just my 2 cents... some of this may help..
Oh yes on a personal note, no Manpads? Lets have them to make tactics a bit more real in enemy held areas, and IADS, bring it on