Smaller Sorties

The 'Why, Where and How To' about mission planning in DCS
Matt
Site Admin

Smaller Sorties

Post by Matt »

Hi all,

Some of you may be wondering why I have been asking squadrons for what maps their pilots have, the reason is I am in the process of creating some "smaller" sorties for flights of around 4 aircraft that you guys can use to fly together when you like. As these are small missions, basically sorties against individual target locations which may or may not be protected and as such are very simple to make.

Each mission will be provided with a "target pack" much as I do with the OCU guys it will consist of a small brief of what you are looking to achieve and satellite pictures of the target area and any notable threats to your aircraft. these missions are aimed to be small for around 4 aircraft from your squadrons and are not long really detailed multi part missions like a Tuesday night but maybe on a Thursday to give you something new if you so wish, but are smaller single strikes aimed to practice you in different situations of varying difficulty and operating in different maps (some will be harder then others, but all achievable with 2-4 aircraft).

Going forward I want to give you guys plenty of things to do, missions to fly be it alone or with other pilots from the squadrons, and if these prove to become enjoyed I will look to involve squadrons working in sync with each other say for example 4 AV8B's striking a target protected by the loving embrace of 4 F14's providing CAP from RED Air.

I have a few examples in the pipeline already.

Let me know what you all think

Matt.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Re: Smaller Sorties

Post by john (scooby) »

sounds like good training missions matt, thanks for your efforts they are appreciated
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Sounds good to me, thanks!!
Plt Off Ian 'Robbo' Robson
Image Image

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

It sounds good Mukka Matt

Alien

Post by Alien »

Pukka mate, appreciate your time and effort in trying to please us all :)

Good skills. Looking forward to some PG missions, for some reason I only ever fly the F15 there.
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Matt you're awesome
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Nice one Matt. Thanks again.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

fly_george

Post by fly_george »

ive got loads of little 2 man misions ive made for me and my mate, ill get a google drive with them and post em up once i do some proper briefings for em
'paddles contact'

Return to “Mission Planning”