Maps for Missions

The 'Why, Where and How To' about mission planning in DCS
Neil Willis
Site Admin

Maps for Missions

Post by Neil Willis »

Having seen the responses from members regarding the maps they own, I suggest the following policy - at least for the present.

Feel free to use either Persian Gulf or Caucasus maps for any missions, we have sufficient take-up of them both to justify using them freely.

Normandy - still subject to a major overhaul so avoid it for the present time. To be reviewed again when we eventually get the update.

Nevada - For me, this map tends to cause more lags than any other map, so it's OK for low key stuff, but major sorties with lots of stuff going on will be difficult for a lot of members machines to run well.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Maps for Missions

Post by Matt »

Agreed Neil, after the feedback I have got from the questionnaires I believe missions on the Persian gulf are a good way to go! Also maybe having a generic mission version on the PG to change things up from time to time as well?

I am making smaller missions using NTTR at the moment but these are very small missions aimed for 2-4 aircraft with single objectives as a "quick" off the cuff type session that guys may wish to try.

As for Normandy I feel for the time being it is a real no go as well, but PG I feel could be used for larger mission nights with ease but doing so we should release mission details for night flown on a paid terrain a week or so in advance as I wouldn't want to upset anyone on short notice if they did not own the map.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: Maps for Missions

Post by Neil Willis »

That sounds sensible Matt.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Mission Planning”