Mission Standardization

The 'Why, Where and How To' about mission planning in DCS
Father Cool

Re: Mission Standardization

Post by Father Cool »

Thats fair enough but currently DCS's ATC system isn't really up to it I don't think. If we had real guys on LotATC doing the work then that would work better I think.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I'm not sure there's a half-penny difference in our views. DCS is OK but not very realistic at present. Full R/T would be nice but without a lot more experience and proper ATC input will be hard work.

I just don't want to see the fun flying made onerous by striving for perfection which we might aspire to but will never achieve.

I am happy to fly with whatever the mission make provides (within reason).
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Yep, as always, we're seeking a happy medium. But I want OCUs to have complete freedom to make it as realistic as practical of course.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

whilst we have moved slightly off topic ( standarisation for mission builders) to ATC and comms use.
There is one factor we seem to be overlooking our numbers have exploded, even in the first 4 months of 2020 we have increased our membership by 50%.
Imagine a single Airbase frequency on mission night with several different packages all asking for Startup/Taxi/Departure/inbound/IP for OVH Break/landing /vacating and finally taxi to stand, if we do not recognise that this simply will not function no matter how good bad or appalling DCS ATC is.
It might have worked when we flew with only 4 or 5 on a tuesday nights but those days are long gone and yet we still want to continue as if nothing has changed.
If we even find the dedicated people willing/interested in becoming Live ATC/AWACs/JTAC you're expecting them to do the impossible we might wonder why these people do not ever volunteer, we are not willing to give them anything to work with. We all want a high fidelity mod in the form of an A/C and some hope to train to a realistic standard but when it comes to a simple question of RTC it becomes too hard/complex not worth the effort.

we have to change, how and when is up to us if want to make the mission experience better.
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

All fair comments Maggsy but even so most flights are taking off from different airbases and the ones that are taking off from the same airbase need to hear what the other flight is doing so that they can play their egress?
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Return to “Mission Planning”