Supercarrier for mission builders.

The 'Why, Where and How To' about mission planning in DCS
john (scooby)

Re: Supercarrier for mission builders.

Post by john (scooby) »

Neil Willis wrote: 25 May 2020, 17:59 Have we even got access to nominated parking on the carrier yet? Nope.

Maybe it would be possible, but what about deck movements without tugs? If there are such possibilities, do Squadrons have separate allocated parking below deck?

Lots of questions to answer when we gain those options, but the6 aren’t available yet.
the only reason i was wary of everybody being on the same deck is the different startup times and lack of interflight comms, it could get very entertaining queing for the cats :lol:
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

You don’t need it unless you are flying off the deck, acting as an LSO (when that is added) or, as you say, mission planning. The mission planning should really be left to Squadron staff to add in if you don’t need the expense.

Right now though it is still under development of course, and will be, no doubt, for at least a year at a best guess.

So right now, not necessary at all.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

john (scooby) wrote: 25 May 2020, 18:54
Neil Willis wrote: 25 May 2020, 17:59 Have we even got access to nominated parking on the carrier yet? Nope.

Maybe it would be possible, but what about deck movements without tugs? If there are such possibilities, do Squadrons have separate allocated parking below deck?

Lots of questions to answer when we gain those options, but the6 aren’t available yet.
the only reason i was wary of everybody being on the same deck is the different startup times and lack of interflight comms, it could get very entertaining queing for the cats :lol:
I suggest we try it out on Thursday night as a preliminary to training? Shouldn’t be too hard to combine our training missions and add one in as our start points. It’ll test out the feasibility of it. We could of course add a second if it isn’t too huge a hit on frame rates.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

I hate that you can't specify spawn spot etc. All I wanted in a mission I built was to have the AWACs taxi to the cat and launch while you start up for atmosphere. Nope. I spawn in the middle of the deck cold so the AWACs starts up taxies over to me stops and waits for me to finish starting up because it can't or wont taxi around me.

Piss poor.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Father Cool wrote: 26 May 2020, 10:32 I hate that you can't specify spawn spot etc. All I wanted in a mission I built was to have the AWACs taxi to the cat and launch while you start up for atmosphere. Nope. I spawn in the middle of the deck cold so the AWACs starts up taxies over to me stops and waits for me to finish starting up because it can't or wont taxi around me.

Piss poor.
it wil be fixed iam sure

Return to “Mission Planning”