Mission scenario idea

The 'Why, Where and How To' about mission planning in DCS
0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Mission scenario idea

Post by 0405 Andrew »

After Flyco's post I thought I'd try to come up with something. Please note, I'm no Shakespeare, just putting my head above the parapet.

Very rough round the edges and I'm not sure if roles etc are correct. But Alan asked for ideas and I'd be happy to join a mission planning group to help out in any way.

Arms dump assault – Outline

Background.

A ground commander has found a surprise gap in opposing forces front line. He has taken the initiative and surged forward. Opposing Force are hastily falling back but mainly consist of infantry and APC’s. All forces are heading to a large arms dump. Contents unknown and could contain chemical weapons so bombing out of the question.

Objective.
Capture arms dump with special forces and attacking infantry.
Exploit salient and stop OF attacking and closing salient.

Threats.
Mainly enemy mobile infantry, some dismounted. Maybe 1 or 2 SA-6 but unknown.
Quick reaction helicopter force in local area
Enemy Ground / ship attack planes likely

Roles
Hueys on assault ships to insert at dawn and reinforce ground forces so they can capture arms dump.
A10’s supress infantry and apc’s heading from all directions to arms dump.
F18’s intercept scrambled OF air force and fleet defence.
F14 attack on air field and CAP over AO
Harriers attack air mobile base and intercept enemy helicopters if they have taken off.
ARMS DUMP MISSION IDEA.png
ARMS DUMP MISSION IDEA.png (2.05 MiB) Viewed 1797 times
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

john (scooby)

Re: Mission scenario idea

Post by john (scooby) »

Hell yes!!
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

I thought it sounded like a good scenario. I'm looking into mission design now. It looks like it requires great skill, patience, some luck and Valium.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

0405 Andrew wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 17:45 I thought it sounded like a good scenario. I'm looking into mission design now. It looks like it requires great skill, patience, some luck and Valium.
the 1 mission idea (or snippet of a mission) is hueys doing huey stuff, with a low level mk82/cluster bomb strike coming in fast and in sight of us! ie laying waste to a treeline etc
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

john (scooby) wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 18:07
0405 Andrew wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 17:45 I thought it sounded like a good scenario. I'm looking into mission design now. It looks like it requires great skill, patience, some luck and Valium.
the 1 mission idea (or snippet of a mission) is hueys doing huey stuff, with a low level mk82/cluster bomb strike coming in fast and in sight of us! ie laying waste to a treeline etc
That's the sort of thing I was thinking but had it down as A10's :lol: Got a bit of a mission together flying up the river at dawn, misty etc. looks very cool, A10's over head F14 back at the ship going round in circles :roll: I think you could lose hours doing this sort of stuff.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

0405 Andrew wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 18:58
john (scooby) wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 18:07
That's the sort of thing I was thinking but had it down as A10's :lol: Got a bit of a mission together flying up the river at dawn, misty etc. looks very cool, A10's over head F14 back at the ship going round in circles :roll: I think you could lose hours doing this sort of stuff.
a10s would work, f14s would work faster lol
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Yes definitely,
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"