The 'Why, Where and How To' about mission planning in DCS
Chris

RAF Air Helo scripts

Post by Chris »

RAF Air Helo Scripts

MIST
CTLD
CSAR

Basic scripts configured for RAF Air helo operations.

Simple miz file attached showing implementation and a couple simple functions. All commands as case sensitive.

ALL helicopters must be an unique group not a flight and pilot (unit name) named helo1 helo2 helo3 etc up to around 40. Group name can be anything.

Within any Trigger zone named pickupzone1 pickupzone2 etc to 10, helicopters can pick up troops as defined for airframe and type - huey anti armor, huey inf etc. A ship with unit name of tarawa1 or tarawa2 will also become a pickupzone type and used to load troops.

They can be dropped anywhere and run around stupid looking for enemy up to 2000m

If dropped in a triggerzone called wpzone1, wpzone2 etc to 10, they will run towards the center of that zone... handy for getting them to go towards enemy.

You can create a beacon zone on which CTLD positions a NDB to help navigation

You can create an extract zone that if tropps are dropped within they disappear and are counted in a flag. i.e. drop 20 troops here and something can be triggered by the flag etc...

Anyway its simple and basic in the attached miz. The beacon sounds need to be preloaded for the beacon to work hence the last action line.

The CSAR script is similar and has been adapted. Any plane of helo pilot crashed or shot down can be picked up by a CSAR helo and disembarked at any airport farp or named MASH unit.
A beacon is created at the downed pilots location and when near a flare is fired or can be requested by the rescuer. Land beside or hover above to pick up.

This is just a small snippet of what can be done...

Any questions just ask...
heloexample.miz
(509.98 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Wee Neal 0414

Re: RAF Air Helo scripts

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Hi Chris

Following the failure of the FOB building, a result of the timer going in reverse for crate spawning, I did some comparisons of the CTLD scripts (latest on GitHub and ours). It appears in the 60Sqn version a ‘>’ is reversed hence the timer going in reverse. I will copy the particular line. I changed the ‘<‘ to a ‘>’ and all worked !! Using the compare function I double checked the whole lua script and that was the only difference except the normal user options.
Neal
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Nice one Neal. Can you update the Script in 60 SQN mission group discord and I'll use yours.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Chris

Post by Chris »

What was the line number Neal...
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've added these scripts to all mission templates for you guys, just uploading on the forums now.

Matt.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Cheers
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead