Mission Builders Wanted!

The 'Why, Where and How To' about mission planning in DCS
Matt
Site Admin

Mission Builders Wanted!

Post by Matt »

Hey all,

So as you have seen Andrew and Chris have been doing a grand job at getting you fine gentlemen airborne on a plethora of great Tuesday night missions, however this becomes a hard task to do weeks and weeks on end!

Mission building is a very rewarding task (although at first seemingly daunting) from taking your initial idea and molding it to a finely crafted working mission that can be getting as many as 30 RAF Air UK pilots airborne at one time working in unison towards a common goal is so awesome to see when you went through the building process yourself!

Therefore i am here to try to encourage some of you fine gents to give mission building a try, we started a Mission Building group a little while ago, hidden deep within the admin section (but not limited to RAF Air Admins) to give help to one another and use collective knowledge to try and create the best experience for our members...anyone that would seriously fancy trying your hand (and honestly i would encourage all of you to give it ago....ever ifs its only a small mission for a few aircraft) reply to this threat and i will get your role updated to the Mission Planner role so you can get in to the new area of the forums and we can start creating new missions together!

I'm sure anyone who is on the fence post about giving it ago would fine great help from Andrew or even myself (yes i am very much alive! i have my laptop which can create mission just not quite capable to fly with you all) so please if you have been wanting to try let us know and i will give you every free hour of my time out here via Teamspeak or PM's whatever it takes to give you the help you need to understand the DCS Mission Editor! ( also remember i created a few tutorials on the mission editor which may also help!)

So please anyone looking to get in to mission editing simply reply to this message and i will personally get you set up and up to speed with the mission editor to get you on your way!

Mission Editor Tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=145&t=2647
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Re: Mission Builders Wanted!

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

Count me in. I do some missions for 60Sqn as well.
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

awesome stuff buddy, i'll get you set up!
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Afd me to the group please, If I can be of any help let me know.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

As discussed Andrew, i think we are a given :lol:

But i am more than happy for this to be your baby! you have done absolutely amazing and i will stand aside and let you run this, but would be more than happy to help with whatever you see fit!

Matt.
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Count me in Matt, I've not created oodles of missions for our pilots in 3(F) but I'm a quick learner.

Let me know if I can be of any help.
Sqn Leader Andrew "Beanie" Benson - RAF Air UK
Image Image Image ImageImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

More the merrier Beanie!

welcome to our humble group :lol:
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Matt wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 13:55 As discussed Andrew, i think we are a given :lol:

But i am more than happy for this to be your baby! you have done absolutely amazing and i will stand aside and let you run this, but would be more than happy to help with whatever you see fit!

Matt.
Cheers Matt. Will do and I will help organise the group and hopefully expand it.

I feel that we have progressed to a point where we have a standard way of producing a mission. This can be replicated by anyone with just basic mission editor skills. If you have an idea for a mission this group can certainly help you produce it.

I will set up a mission diary in the Squadron flights forum so squadrons will know what to train for in the coming weeks.
I will help organise between squadrons getting waypoints back and added to the mission.
I will help promote the Tuesday mission.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Duke

Post by Duke »

I have done some basic missions for 1f and am happy to help with some mission designing, even stretching to the big group missions on Tuesdays, they may not be perfect in a military sense given I have not served in the military, but they should be fun at least, haha.

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Excellent, you've flown mine so you know you don't need to be an expert!
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Mission Planning”