Tuesday mission format.

The 'Why, Where and How To' about mission planning in DCS
0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Tuesday mission format.

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Over the past 14 weeks I have entered the world of mission building, it has pitfalls and traps and can be a lonely business. But through guidance from Chris I've learnt and awful lot but definitely not everything. I would like others to benefit and skip the pitfalls and traps that I fell in to. Use the mission planning forum pm me for any help.

Tuesday missions going forward should be along these lines.

Post here to book a date. We are now in a position that missions will be planned a few weeks in advance. Please check the diary.
All squadrons should be included.
A synopsis of the mission would be ideal. This will be posted in the Squadron flights forum in advance to help with any training requirements.
An intel map highlighting the targets, the threats and the friendly forces must be sent out to squadron commanders at least one week in advance of the mission with the mission brief.
The designer will add all the squadron flights to the intel map and distributed back for squadron checking.
The designer will update the mission.

On mission night, the brief can either be given by the designer or someone else who has a clear understanding of the mission. Squadron leaders briefing at 19:15, Squadron in house brief at 19:30, Main group mission brief at 19:40. A written brief should be provided on a program like Google slides or an equivalent that can be downloaded on the night.

Provide a feedback form and publish after in the forum.

I believe this to be the best way to produce a multi squadron mission, it's not complicated and can be easily produced. It will also be easy to help anyone just starting out.

To keep the Tuesday mission going I believe we need engagement on the forums keeping Squadrons informed and looking forward to the mission, this can be done by posting intel in the mission forum, keeping the story going but above all making a good quality mission and making it enjoyable. I'm hoping we are now heading in the right direction.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday mission format.

Post by Flyco »

I still cannot understand why the brief cannot be provided in advance.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Tuesday mission format.

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Please read the post above again. It does ay that a brief will be sent out 1 week before.
An intel map highlighting the targets, the threats and the friendly forces must be sent out to squadron commanders at least one week in advance of the mission with the mission brief.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Mission Planning”