AI and Player helicopters

The 'Why, Where and How To' about mission planning in DCS
Matt
Site Admin

AI and Player helicopters

Post by Matt »

Hi all, does anyone know (probably more of the 60 Squadron mission designers) a way that i can get an AI ground unit (SF team) to board a player flown UH1....60 Squadron 8-) after they land at my predetermined LZ?

Will the old embark/disembark option work in the ME as i know this always used to be ropey? asking for a possible mission in the works....currently in my head stage :lol:

Thanks

Matt.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Chris

Re: AI and Player helicopters

Post by Chris »

name the inf group extract1.... extract2.... etc up to around *10 or so I think we have scripted for in CTLD.

Helos have set limits for the number to pick up, so for for hueys make it 7 soldiers per group

Helos MUST be a single group named helo1, helo2 etc to about *45 or so for CTLD to engage with them. (in other words no flights)

Helos then just land near the extract group and pick them up via F10 > CTLD menus.... they can be dropped off anywhere.

Full docs here... https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD
Kind Regards
Chris :)

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

As Chris replied.
When flights are sent back in mission planning we set helis up as individuals and named correctly. This will work unless the CTLD script has been altered or not loaded.
It might be wise to check the mission template to make sure ctld is working correctly.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Awesome stuff guys, so im guessing i can have the group (extract1) complete its tasks and a correctly named Helo can meet them at a set location on their route and extract them via the CTLD menu?
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Chris

Post by Chris »

Correct. The helo naming convention applies to the UNIT (Pilot) NAME whilst the pick up naming convention applies to the GROUP (Name) name.

So, spawn or initiate the patrol to do a task, say along a route to the PZ. There I would normally trigger smoke and / or flares at the PZ to assist the helo perhaps with a piggybacked zone trigger ensuring helo is around.

Once picked up you really need to think about drop off LZ - into battle for example or to barracks via a pickzone or other defined place / area....
Kind Regards
Chris :)

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

happy with that bud, I've already for the scenario in my head, just needed to know it was possible :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to explain it Chris!
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage

Wee Neal 0414

Post by Wee Neal 0414 »

very important the helo name matches exactly the CTLD naming which is all lower case and no spaces. :shock:
Squadron Leader Wee Neal 0414
CO 60 Squadron

Image Image ImageImage

Return to “Mission Planning”