Interest in using VoiceAttack and Viacomm

maggsy

Interest in using VoiceAttack and Viacomm

Post by maggsy »

I have been looking at this software and wonder if anyone can help me get a grip with setting it up and creating a usable integrated profile/setup that will not conflict with the RAF Air UK RT/SRS setups ..
I have been "Training" my pc to understand my dulcet tones ( it thinks I am talking klingon atm)
But I would like to have a nice voice command for the more mundane commands rather than the tiresome F key -menu F-key select rigmarole
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

Mutley

Re: Interest in using VoiceAttack and Viacomm

Post by Mutley »

i to would be intrested in this as i now having it running after a week of scanning and deep repairs etc. Maybe its possible to use someones else profile with everything mapped then all i have to do is trained the pc to understand me .

Ive also just purchased and extra 16gb which should bring me up to 32gb, shud be here by tuesday i hope

Leysard

Post by Leysard »

I just jumped into that addfon and must admit that it's really better than having to use the keyboard for AA refuelling and Carrier ops.

Also works with LSO script. Only thing not tested up to now is using it with SRS, but I don't see why it should not work.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

All you need is a separate press to talk button for the Voice Attack. I use the up position on the comms hat switch. Works a treat with any radio system.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Leysard

Post by Leysard »

Neil,

How is it setup for you, what TX do you use ?

Maybe I'm wrong but in our missions, easycomms is off, so how can you use only 1 button for Vaicom over several frequencies / radios if it's not TX4 ?

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I have just been using voice attack to replace button presses, and relied on SRS for voice calls. Radio calls, using voice attack - select the radio using either hat forward or rear, then hat up to make the call (Either pre-recorded such as "ready pre-contact" of F1-F10 etc.

As I said, with a little thought, you can create lots of calls in which you just speak the phrase, and all the menu selections and final call selection are made automatically. Stuff like "chocks out" "Kobuletti tower, ready to taxi Hog one one" and "Sentry, bogey dope, Hog one one" rather than having to run through a menu tree to get to your choice.

I also have one for "carrier launch" which will initiate the launch bar engagement process too.
ImageImageImage

Leysard

Post by Leysard »

Ok, so I understand that you don't use Vaicomm ?

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I have in the past, but I find simply using Voice Attack works fine. Viacomm was a little complicated I thought.
ImageImageImage

pikemanmark

Post by pikemanmark »

Hi All

1. Is it easier to buy the Viacom plug in and try learn what commands to say or is it easier to make your own profile?

2. what are the common mistakes when using (trying to use) voice attack?

3. Push to talk and other radio buttons, do you (if you have the addon) remove all "mic" switches from the profile and only have a single PTT?

as you can see I am a bit confused with this program though I can really see the benefit and would love to get it to work.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I can't really comment on Viacom as I found it all a little complex. My approach has been to start with basics and add more as and when I needed.

I suspect with Viacom, adding the extra layer of complexity on top of flying a full fidelity module is just a step too far. But that's just me.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Voice Activated Commands Support”