Univers Radio

Teddy

Univers Radio

Post by Teddy »

I think the 132nd are moving to Univers radio, well they are trying it out at least. Maybe worth a look, might be more stable?

http://tacnoworld.fr/universradio/

I should point out it is very much in Beta at the moment but does the same stuff as Aries and more.

Jay44

Re: Univers Radio

Post by Jay44 »

I said about this months ago more are switching over due to it being more stable than Aries.

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Oh right, have you looked into this software? Is it better? Has anyone reviewed it?

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

I will install it this weekend and have a look. It is meant to be better for LotATC as well.

Danny

Post by Danny »

Teddy & Jay,

Good spot, looks very promising, I'm going to install as well see what it's like

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Let's keep it well away from squadron stuff for the moment though.

Jay44

Post by Jay44 »

Well from what research i carried out a while back quite a few squadrons have moved over to this the 229th run it religiously and when they do a Huey flight its around 20 Huey's for around 2 - 3hrs with no crashes they only lose comms if a radio takes a hit, they also have other aircraft flying with the Huey's to aid in the drop, i have a friend in the 229th he said better than Aries.

The problem with Aries is it has way too much going on, its good with all the bells and whistles but its just to heavy for some systems theres alot that could just be done away with in Aries as its just not used and not needed Gossip box does anyone use that or even know how theres even an ADI gimble in there why i have no idea just a waste of resources, the Universal is much more light weight sticks with whats needed keep it simple.

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I'm all in favour of checking this one out. If it is more stable, and gives us what we need, then let's try it.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Tacno

Post by Tacno »

Hi all,
Don't hesitate to write me at universradio[at]tacnoworld[dot]fr for any question.
Have good tests

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Thanks Tacno, very good of you to offer.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Univers Radio Issues & Questions”