Univers Radio

Flyco
Site Admin

Re: Univers Radio

Post by Flyco »

Didn't get it working last night, Teddy. However, I believe I have found the problem. I installed a replacement monitor and it had built in speakers. This seems to have split the sound channel into two sections somehow. I flew a few solo sortie after that, during which of course I didn't use UR, so I didn't pick up on the problem straight away. By the time the problem came to light, I had forgotten about the monitor change.

After having disabled the new speakers and cleared out and re-installed both Teamspeak and UR, it does seem to be working again, so far as I can tell from talking to myself using my laptop as a second DCS set-up. On a secondary note, there doesn't seem to be any bar on using the same module simultaneously on two computers, which surprises me a little.

I will find out whether it is fixed for sure this evening!!!!
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Now we appear to have the vast majority of members up and running with Univers, is it time to go ahead and adopt it as our standard radio utility?

I'd like to hear your views, and then we'll decide.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Go.

My bet is that we have more working univers install's then we have Aries.

/D

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

My thoughts exactly David.

I am for a go on this - definitely
ImageImageImage

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

And RAFair front-page says to install univers already, issue resolved then :lol:

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

I changed it so we wouldn't have new members wasting their time and struggling with Aries.
ImageImageImage

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Last night David, Danny, Keith and I got the ATC Radio working with LotATC which is great. I have bought a licence now so I will get into it.

I also managed to get ATIS working as well but only I can hear it at the moment. She has a very sexy voice, you will love her Keith. I will do some research as to why it only works for me but I get the sense that this is run externally from my PC, maybe on a Univers server and it also seems to take 3 or 4 mins to kick in?

Ill be on Saturday afternoon.

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I'm still not running properly, but gradually improving. A new twist I found last night was that my radio volume control gave max output when set half-way, dropping to near zero when at max and min settings! I believe that Dave said he had experienced something similar in the past. This can really only be within UR, since the volume levels are normal for DCS generated chat.

Might be worth suggesting to those who do have volume problems to try intermediate volume settings on the internal aircraft controls. I will see if I can find anything else on this topic on the forums.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Univers should work with NTTR since the latest update (01/11 ECHO CHARLIE) came with an NTTR terrain.

Tacno

Post by Tacno »

Flyco wrote:Still having UR problems. I can hear RT via speakers, but not via headset. But headset works for other purposes - talking on Teamspeak, talking to the DCS AI etc.
@flyco : Today, UR use the default -or first- sound device. As I read, your headset has an own sound device card(USB?). Next version of UR brings output sound device choice.
Teddy wrote:.... I will do some research as to why it only works for me ....
@Teddy : Next version will fix ATIS

http://tacnoworld.fr/universradio-changelog/

Return to “Univers Radio Issues & Questions”