Univers Radio

Teddy

Re: Univers Radio

Post by Teddy »

Sounds like the radio is transmitting through the wrong sound card. Not sure off the top of my head how to adjust it.

I am willing to help but not sure when I will be free. I'll let you know when I can.

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Flyco wrote: For example, UR talks about a file "Saved Games\UniversalRadio\UniversalRadio.ini". I have no such file in my saved games folder - does anyone else?
Yes I do, also have a text file with the same name.
I supposed you have tried disconnecting the speakers?
Which operating system are you on?
/D

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Thanks Teddy and David. It would appear most likely that it is my UR set-up which is incomplete, since I don't have a UR.ini file in either my 1.2 or 1.5 Beta saved games folder. I will start out by re-loading both Teamspeak and UR.

I am using the built in motherboard sound card, an AMD one. However, my sound window shows around 5 or 6 different digital/optical/speakers/Bluetooth installations. I do seem to get reception if I use the speaker set up, but not the Bluetooth. However, Bluetooth works fine with DCS sound inputs, including AI R/T, and the transmission side works, as those of you who have cursed my repeated cries from the wilderness can testify. Hence I am reluctant to abandon Bluetooth, particularly since it incorporates a modified Track IR with a built in rechargeable battery. Using this I don't pull my head off when I get up without remembering to unplug and I can also get a coffee, or take a leak, without missing any of the action. I find this very useful during the discussion hour from 19:00 to 20:15 on Tuesdays!!

As I say I will re-install the possible culprits before trying again, and if that doesn't work, I will call for help, but identifying the absence of the ini file is a breakthrough, definitely pointing towards my UR installation.

I tried re-installing a fresh DCS 1.5, on my laptop, which I originally intended to use for JTAC and ATC. But I am having problems finding a compatible radio, and I don't want to pay for a second A-10, particularly since my laptop would struggle running it adequately.

I'll get back if I need any more help. In the meantime if you do hear me bleating on R/T just send me a chat to pipe down and clear the airwaves.
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Definitely sounds to me like you have a conflict between sound hardware or software installations Alan.

Working radios on your laptop can be implemented through LotATC. I haven't tried it yet, but one reason we wanted to give Univers a try was because it is supported natively in LotATC.

One little tip, is that you can see which radio you are broadcasting on in Teamspeak. Just click on your name in the channel, and you will see a status panel on the right with the current radio shown in bold. Remembering of course that radio 1 is VHF FM, radio 2 is UHF AM, and radio 3 is VHF AM.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Following last night's test of LotATC with Univers, can we now confirm that side of the system works properly?

Once we have Jack and Alan sorted so they have fully functioning installations, does anyone have any further issues? Are you happy to go ahead with Univers Danny?

Once we have that resolved, I suggest we go ahead and adopt Univers?
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Danny

Post by Danny »

I've no objections per se, I just don't find it as good as Aries, but its certainly not a deal breaker by any stretch. I'm happy to follow the majority opinion

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Reluctantly, despite my problems, I do concede that UR appears a better system. I will concentrate on getting my laptop set up and then I can at least talk to people - actually I can already talk, I just can't listen. Seems to me I've had that criticism levelled at me a few times in the past.
Image Image Image Image

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Alan, I will be on tonight if you want some help?

We can also have a chat about ATC if you want.

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

Thanks Teddy. I will be available from 7:00pm this evening.

We can try and find out whether my problem is solved, and you can brief me on LotATC. If necessary, I should be able to run the latter on my laptop, hooked up to a larger monitor. About 60-70% of my desktop's speed, and without TrackIR, neither of which should be a show-stopper if I'm not airborne in an A-10C etc
Image Image Image Image

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Alan did you get it working?

I heard you trying to contact yourself on different channels last night so I moved your teamspeaks to the same channel.

Return to “Univers Radio Issues & Questions”