MK82 Air

acroshaw

MK82 Air

Post by acroshaw »

Anyone got any links to good tutorials on these? It looks to me like the airs are high drag and need to be released from a low altitude ccip run?

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Re: MK82 Air

Post by Neil Willis »

The CCRP and CCIP profiles are adapted automatically for Mk82 Air bombs. Just follow the guides, and they work equally for all types of dumb bomb. They can be dropped from low or high altitudes, but of course the high drag factor is a design to allow you to drop at low altitude and outrun the bomb so you are clear of the blast radius before they detonate. Also, as with all dumb bombs, the lower you are, the more accurately they can be aimed.

They have options with fusing that allow them to be released as low drag bombs too, so they're much more versatile than ordinary Mk82s. The built in training videos in DCS tell you all you need to know. Also view the wind correction, and dumb munitions videos I have posted in the forum here. After that, it is just down to very accurate dropping, or using multiple bomb ripples to ensure saturation of a dense target area.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

acroshaw

Post by acroshaw »

i have found with the airs I struggle to get them to release in carp at higher altitudes, possibly to do with the fusing? and i find the training for carp doesn't work, after the ccip section where they ask you to dive, it never carries on, you dive and dive and climb and climb again and the tutorial does not move forward! However I have now dropped CBU's successfully using ccrp, thats why i think it must be something to do with the fusing?

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

It can be tricky unless you have the right parameters for the dive. Once you do, the mission triggers the next phase. Just try it again, and get the dive angle right.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

acroshaw

Post by acroshaw »

I gave up on the airs and tried GBU12's instead, much better success . However i did try lofting them a little and that didnt work as well as it used to in falcon 4, so will have to practice, but for straight and level delivery I was getting 100% success rate, so quite happy. Same with CBU17, although I can't remember how to adjust the HOF, will watch a tutorial tonight!!!

Return to “Unguided”