Potential extra livery for the RAF F14

Father Cool

Potential extra livery for the RAF F14

Post by Father Cool »

Just finished up designing this livery for our 11th squadron.

Are we keen?
Screen_191025_232321.png
Screen_191025_232321.png (1.42 MiB) Viewed 3001 times
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Re: Potential extra livery for the RAF F14

Post by john (scooby) »

Looks good to me
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

omg your a skinner ? heck dont tell anyone else. it looks cool i like

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

I am indeed a skinner. I designed the rescue skins that are on the NPC ships on elite dangerous, which is probably the most official skins I've done, although they (the frontier team) didn't implement them exactly as I designed them.

The F14 one is a first iteration that I whizzed out in an hour or so but there seems to be a couple of texture issues that need ironing out. I haven't had time to look at it today. The tail number of course needs sorting for use as a universal skin as it currently displays my RAF number RAF0369 which wouldn't work for everyone. Could do personalised ones of course but then thats loads more memory space on peoples hard drives to store everyones paint job (it may be that we want that though which is fine).

Anyway if you want it as a download let me know and how you want to deal with tail numbers.

Regards
FC
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

nice will take ur surguestion under advisment and will bring it up when we next have a meeting. well done keep it up

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Father Cool wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 20:12 I am indeed a skinner. I designed the rescue skins that are on the NPC ships on elite dangerous, which is probably the most official skins I've done, although they (the frontier team) didn't implement them exactly as I designed them.

The F14 one is a first iteration that I whizzed out in an hour or so but there seems to be a couple of texture issues that need ironing out. I haven't had time to look at it today. The tail number of course needs sorting for use as a universal skin as it currently displays my RAF number RAF0369 which wouldn't work for everyone. Could do personalised ones of course but then thats loads more memory space on peoples hard drives to store everyones paint job (it may be that we want that though which is fine).

Anyway if you want it as a download let me know and how you want to deal with tail numbers.

Regards
FC
i might have a convo with you about elite at some point, i played it when it 1st came out until i got a cobra, then i blew it up without insurance and havnt played it since lol
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The only problem with personal skins is the space required and the fact that everyone would require them all, I personally think it's better to have generic skins for the squadrons so everyone only needs one skin installed to be able to see each squadron in their glory.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

That was my concern. However at the moment I don't think many are flying the F14 so it may work for the moment.

I have no issue with it being generic though. Food for thought.
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah I get what you mean, we've tried personal skins in the past with the A10's it just never works too well, as soon as someone doesn't have the other guys skin you just see a default US skin in its place.

I'd rather use a generic RAF Air skin for operational nights and if you guys want individual skins or the rest of the time feel free, that way at least on operational flights we all see reach other sporting RAF Air skins :lol:

But we can see what the masses want to do.
Air Commodore Matt Purnell - RAF Air UK
CO 1(F) Squadron
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Matt wrote: 27 Oct 2019, 11:23 Yeah I get what you mean, we've tried personal skins in the past with the A10's it just never works too well, as soon as someone doesn't have the other guys skin you just see a default US skin in its place.

I'd rather use a generic RAF Air skin for operational nights and if you guys want individual skins or the rest of the time feel free, that way at least on operational flights we all see reach other sporting RAF Air skins :lol:

But we can see what the masses want to do.
I agree matt.
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Return to “F14A/B Tomcat”