what va profile?

john (scooby)

what va profile?

Post by john (scooby) »

what vopice attack setup doi you guys use and what functionality does it have?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Father Cool

Re: what va profile?

Post by Father Cool »

I personally just set up commands as and when I feel I need them.

Currently I have the ground crew stuff including rearming, jester loud and clear, open canopy, asking Jester to set waypoints. I may yet add one to tell Jester what radar range etc to use. I tend to make them commands that would be verbal in real life.

I love voice command stuff in Elite as it is a cool future spaceship but in the plane it feel wrong telling the plane to do stuff.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Father Cool wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 20:20 I personally just set up commands as and when I feel I need them.

Currently I have the ground crew stuff including rearming, jester loud and clear, open canopy, asking Jester to set waypoints. I may yet add one to tell Jester what radar range etc to use. I tend to make them commands that would be verbal in real life.

I love voice command stuff in Elite as it is a cool future spaceship but in the plane it feel wrong telling the plane to do stuff.
how do you do the rose menu?
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

I don't, there are a lot of jester commands built into the keybinds which you have to program into VA to do them, you have to then say stuff like command 3 or something if you want to use the wheel, its as quick with the head tracker tbh. The waypoint one has its own keybinds so doesn't go through the wheel. Not looked into radars yet.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

I'm having a bloody nightmare right now with VA/Viacom, one min all is working the next it's gone for a bag of ratshit.

I got VA working to cover ground crew stuff, but getting in comms with ATC / Tanker with the radios was not working, having said, last night flying down to the range in PG to do some computer pilot bombing ' which by the way is a no go, because you can't see diddly shit on the ground ' I did have have comms with maggsy on the Minhad ATC freq, so at least the SRS was working.

Going to try again today to get my comms finally sorted.
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

on a side note re SRS some of the guys have had issues with SRS working 1 day and then not the next ( nothing to do with our SRS server's ) issues like no sound when transmitting inc the squelch clicks/sound effect, no incoming sounds, on the whole all setting seem to be the same and when compared with a known working SRS ( somebody elses) all seems to be identical.
Ensure your using the lastest updated version OR the same version as the server.
try replacing the DCS-SRS-hook.lua file found in your saved games/DCS.openbeta/Scripts/Hooks folder ( I got a fresh copy from the unzipped fiels when I DL'd the 1.7.8 version and simply copied in into the Hook's folder replacing the one there.
I did the same with the entire DCS-SRS folder and its contents ( found in the saved games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/tech folder) I copied a fresh copy from my unzipped SRS folder and dropped it directly into the names folder replacing the one there ( the advice in the notes regarding issues is to delete then replace) but issues seem to be sorted with a simple overwrite. this fixed or at least it started to work on 2 other people's systems that encountered a sudden unexplained sound issue with SRS.
Check in your SRS setting the playback device is correct mine changed from hyperx 7.1 headphones to default without me altering any settings or hardware ..
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

maggsy wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 09:31 on a side note re SRS some of the guys have had issues with SRS working 1 day and then not the next ( nothing to do with our SRS server's ) issues like no sound when transmitting inc the squelch clicks/sound effect, no incoming sounds, on the whole all setting seem to be the same and when compared with a known working SRS ( somebody elses) all seems to be identical.
Ensure your using the lastest updated version OR the same version as the server.
try replacing the DCS-SRS-hook.lua file found in your saved games/DCS.openbeta/Scripts/Hooks folder ( I got a fresh copy from the unzipped fiels when I DL'd the 1.7.8 version and simply copied in into the Hook's folder replacing the one there.
I did the same with the entire DCS-SRS folder and its contents ( found in the saved games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/tech folder) I copied a fresh copy from my unzipped SRS folder and dropped it directly into the names folder replacing the one there ( the advice in the notes regarding issues is to delete then replace) but issues seem to be sorted with a simple overwrite. this fixed or at least it started to work on 2 other people's systems that encountered a sudden unexplained sound issue with SRS.
Check in your SRS setting the playback device is correct mine changed from hyperx 7.1 headphones to default without me altering any settings or hardware ..
Useful info Maggsy, Im going to get on it now
thanks
ImageImageImage

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

I had the issue with SRS a while ago, fixed it and it hasn't happened since by adding an exception to my router for SRS. As for the VA profile, I have Vaicom and it seems to work quite well for the Hornet, but I haven't tried it with Jester yet. I got used to the jester wheel and I am not sure me fumbling for the right words to get Viacom to sort jester will be quicker for me at the moment. I did notice that the radio stuff for talking to the tankers is a bit hit and miss, but iirc keying the radio mic that the tanker freq is on before engaging vaicom seemed to work more reliably.
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

Pongo wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 13:39 I had the issue with SRS a while ago, fixed it and it hasn't happened since by adding an exception to my router for SRS. As for the VA profile, I have Vaicom and it seems to work quite well for the Hornet, but I haven't tried it with Jester yet. I got used to the jester wheel and I am not sure me fumbling for the right words to get Viacom to sort jester will be quicker for me at the moment. I did notice that the radio stuff for talking to the tankers is a bit hit and miss, but iirc keying the radio mic that the tanker freq is on before engaging vaicom seemed to work more reliably.
I've been trying to master AAR the last few days and cannot get comms with the Tanker using Viacom or Bailey's VA profile, I'm having to use the F10 MENU
ImageImageImage

Return to “F14A/B Tomcat”