Sexy time!

Mutley

Re: Sexy time!

Post by Mutley »

Father Cool wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 07:34 Yes pretty much. That's how films are made dude.
mutter mutter :roll: :(

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

I've tried in the past but that bloody jester wheel gets in the way.
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Father Cool wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 07:12 You don't record it you use the track file so you can get the perfect camera angles that you want.

Its best to decide what you want to show in the video and then fly them as very short missions, possibly even air start etc so that you don't have hours of track to search through.

Its doable but you need to storyboard what footage you need before you start so that you aren't just pissing about and optimise your time.
This is exactly what ive tried to oush but its just never happened, grt some ideas and start making very short airstart missions to make it happen
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Pongo wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 09:36 I've tried in the past but that bloody jester wheel gets in the way.
yea i get that , which why i said just cherry pick the best shots etc out of a track , its dosnt need to be bang on or scripted and storyboarded and timed to the second ( oh you missed your cue to fly from left to right !!! ) , you can always stick in a grovey soundtrack and mute the soundtrack when one of you says something cool or funny it dosnt even have to be all linked it can be maybe a 3 or for frames each clip so no issues about continatly.

Just the thoughts of a raving madman ex memeber of 11 Sqd as i said its not hard pick say 6 prevous missions watch the tracks cut frames string together add soundtrack simples .

it is meant to be fun afterall it is just a game no one gets hurt its not real its just a cool game which we all enjoy admitly some of us do take it all far to serosly and want it to mirror the real airforce etc.
but to those of us who like to fly a few nights a week have a giggle and some banter without endless reading and watching of procudures and MUST dos. dont forget there are 12 yr old kids out there that can and do fly curcles around us without any training in procdures and radio sops and other things they just play it for what it is a game a simulation a fun thing to do.

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

The jester wheel gets stuck on in the track and you cant get it off regardless of camera or view. What you have to do is move the jester wheel off the screen with the display lua, that's how I've done our vids before.

Send us your ideas Scoobs and we can see what we can do.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Mutley wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 09:57
Pongo wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 09:36 I've tried in the past but that bloody jester wheel gets in the way.
yea i get that , which why i said just cherry pick the best shots etc out of a track , its dosnt need to be bang on or scripted and storyboarded and timed to the second ( oh you missed your cue to fly from left to right !!! ) , you can always stick in a grovey soundtrack and mute the soundtrack when one of you says something cool or funny it dosnt even have to be all linked it can be maybe a 3 or for frames each clip so no issues about continatly.

Just the thoughts of a raving madman ex memeber of 11 Sqd as i said its not hard pick say 6 prevous missions watch the tracks cut frames string together add soundtrack simples .

it is meant to be fun afterall it is just a game no one gets hurt its not real its just a cool game which we all enjoy admitly some of us do take it all far to serosly and want it to mirror the real airforce etc.
but to those of us who like to fly a few nights a week have a giggle and some banter without endless reading and watching of procudures and MUST dos. dont forget there are 12 yr old kids out there that can and do fly curcles around us without any training in procdures and radio sops and other things they just play it for what it is a game a simulation a fun thing to do.
How many 2 hour track files have you sat through lol?
We do have great moments organically but the shit show that is dcs replays makes it a nightmare to extract footage from
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Father Cool

Post by Father Cool »

Yes exactly, I have tried with organic mission tracks but they are too long and you can't rewind so you have to know exactly what you are looking for a what specific time. So difficult. It's better to just fly 5 or 10 mins per scene that you need and then you can get all the angles you need etc with minimum fuss.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

Father Cool wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 14:01 Yes exactly, I have tried with organic mission tracks but they are too long and you can't rewind so you have to know exactly what you are looking for a what specific time. So difficult. It's better to just fly 5 or 10 mins per scene that you need and then you can get all the angles you need etc with minimum fuss.
Agreed. I think dogfight ING would add some good footage though and wouldn't take forever
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

You can use tacview to give timestamps for events too
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Father Cool