I was told to talk to Scooby... but if anyone knows..

Spanky

I was told to talk to Scooby... but if anyone knows..

Post by Spanky »

Hello,
On TS this morning, around 2pm your time I spoke with a gentlemen on our server who told me Scooby was the man to talk to about the F14s.
What I need to know - and please anyone else can chime in -
What days are we usually flying?
Time of day for you ?
Whats the squadron comms mode? SRS? TS?
Ive been looking over the SOPs etc. its not rocket science but everyone does things a little different, forgive me if my radio work or formation work isnt the best. I should be RIO'ing so me not being able to refuel and formation shouldnt be a problem. ( I can easily fly *combat* formations, but that nice and pretty tight stuff isnt happening.)
I apologize to my brethren for missing last night. I've no excuse other than my stupidity - I kept thinking 20:00 *EST* and looking at the clock. Call it american exceptionalism ;)
cheers and all that
"Spanky"
Jeff Clark

Father Cool

Re: I was told to talk to Scooby... but if anyone knows..

Post by Father Cool »

Hi Jeff, we usually fly Tuesdays and Thursdays but our Squadron CO Shane (Alien) is on most days and our resident RIO instructor Shaggy is usually on most days as well.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually a 19:30 UK time start. We are currently going through our new training program so a good time to join, the SOPs and standard proceedures have just been revised so again a good time to get all that on board.

We use Teamspeak for breifings and general chat and SRS when in missions and on the servers.

Regards
FC
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

hi, im the guy who recruited you cavs given you most of the info, youl have a cue for your rio services
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Spanky

Post by Spanky »

john (scooby) wrote: 04 Dec 2020, 17:07 hi, im the guy who recruited you cavs given you most of the info, youl have a cue for your rio services
Alright then!
Ill just have to make sure my SRS which I havent used in awhile is working fine, but its worked fine before and of course we'll get it all sorted.
Ill be checking in on the TS. Ive been perusing your SOPs, theyre all similar to others but everyone has their own pecadilloes. A good thing about my rio preference is it gets me out of having to tank which I cant seem to do, and also I can fly combat formation (i.e. loose) but that tight Red Arrows/ Blue Angels shit? lol no. I can trap in any conditions though, and fight reasonably well. As far as RIO, I can do almost everything. I still have some to learn about the intricacies of the radar but its a fairly deep level at this point, IE messing about with incoming velocity buttons and a few other things.
Im repeating myself.. sorry.. lol basically anything that needs to be done as a RIO i can do..

Spanky

Post by Spanky »

just checked TS.. 2 guys on, AFK it seems. Ill eat my ramen, smoke a marlboro and check back shortly, and sporadically through the day/weekend.
If anyone wants to set up a time just let me know what time and day you have in mind and Ill be there. of course Ill also be there tuesday.. I need to get the SRS info and some other silliness. Ill try and keep up ;)

Return to “F14A/B Tomcat”