Tanking Troubles...

Scrabo

Tanking Troubles...

Post by Scrabo »

In need of some help im not sure if its a bug or of its my incompetence.. probably the latter.

F14... tune in Tacan flys up to tanker with the correct radio frequency in the ark 159, try to call the tanker up with no response, even with the tanker in instant action i dont get a response... 🥱 someone please enlighten me because im itching to practice tanking, i thought Jester could auto tune to the tanker, if not am i to manually tune the Ark 182 using the jester menu? This has been tried on are own server at Caucasus.
Cheers 👍

Father Cool

Re: Tanking Troubles...

Post by Father Cool »

Are you tuning to the correct tanker there are several on our server I believe.
Cavan Millward callsign: 'FC' - RAF Air UK
CAW & CO IX(B) Squadron
ImageImage

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

Even if he tunes to the wrong tanker, he should get a response, he just won't get a basket.

If you tune the 182 to the tanker, do you then key that radio to get the radio menu? If you tune the 182, but key the 159, you'll get nothing back.

Check the mission brief to make sure the freq is correct?
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Scrabo

Post by Scrabo »

I still get the menu for each tanker to come up, as i say it doesnt even work on the instant action tanking mission either where it should be automatically tuned in.

Mad dog

Post by Mad dog »

Daft question perhaps, but, do you have your radio volume turned all the way down? Can you use the radio menu to contact Tower?
Flight Lieutenant
Steve "Mad dog" Loates
RAF Air UK - XI (F) Sqn

Sqn Chief Flying Instructor

Image Image
Image ImageImage

Alien

Post by Alien »

Scrabo11 wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 00:48 In need of some help im not sure if its a bug or of its my incompetence.. probably the latter.

F14... tune in Tacan flys up to tanker with the correct radio frequency in the ark 159, try to call the tanker up with no response, even with the tanker in instant action i dont get a response... 🥱 someone please enlighten me because im itching to practice tanking, i thought Jester could auto tune to the tanker, if not am i to manually tune the Ark 182 using the jester menu? This has been tried on are own server at Caucasus.
Cheers 👍
We'll have a crack at it tonight Scrabo
Shane Cowan callsign: 'ALIEN' - RAF Air UK
ImageImageImage

Spanky

Post by Spanky »

Scrabo11 wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 00:48 In need of some help im not sure if its a bug or of its my incompetence.. probably the latter.

Cheers 👍
you can make jester manually tune in radio menu. I would try that, and then make sure when you key the radio it says 182 not 159. Otherwise, Im not sure, if you want to set up a time I can jump in the backseat and try to help ya.
FWIW I had this issue on HOGGIT server, it got HBs attention and Ironmike asked me to try on 104th. it worked. So something was going on with that server - I have no idea about the RAF servers but it seems others got it.

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

if its on a server then check where the tanker actually is. iv seen the idiot doing permanent circuits at an airfield gear down etc. he might not reply in that state
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

Spanky

Post by Spanky »

yeah you know what @scrabo try making sure EZ comms are off, and try tanking in an instant action mission. then if that works try searching the 104th server and trying it. Because if youre indeed experiencing a bug Heatblur will tell you to go to 104th to try it anyways as they have something to do with that server (no idea wat) and have data available
my best advice homey

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

john (scooby) wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 21:20 if its on a server then check where the tanker actually is. iv seen the idiot doing permanent circuits at an airfield gear down etc. he might not reply in that state
Sounds like one of your students then Scooby :D :D :D
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “F14A/B Tomcat”