RAF Air Helicopter Club Mon 29th June

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

RAF Air Helicopter Club Mon 29th June

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Welcome to the RAF Air Helicopter Club.

The objective of the club would be to have some fun, flying Co-Op missions a few times a month or maybe even every Monday.

Currently we are flying the Huey.

Monday 29/06/20 19:30. Meet in the Welcome channel on TS

For those that missed it last week, and the week before, it was good fun and very informative.

All Huey pilots welcome, please sign up below:

Andrew
Paul
John
Neil
Alien
Neal
Mutley
Maggsy
Shaggy (Gazelle)
Mike
Last edited by 0405 Andrew on 28 Jun 2020, 17:18, edited 5 times in total.
0405 ANDREW

Tuesday Mission group lead
"Andrew, you are right"
Flyco: 28 Jul 2021, 12:50
Image ImageImage Image

Paul(Dragon)0043
Site Admin

Re: RAF Air Helicopter Club Mon 29th June

Post by Paul(Dragon)0043 »

Oh go on then, I had a bad night last night, but I'll keep plugging at it.
"Je Vois Tout"

Wing Commander Paul"Dragon"Ratcliffe - RAF AIR UK
ImageImage
97 Squadron
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

In. I learned ALOT last night
Sqn Ldr (Scooby) Burton RAF Air UK
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Like all the modules, it's practice. I'm no expert but would be very happy to have a 1 on 1 session on take off and landings. I'm usually on one of the main servers at around 5.30 am over the weekend. Or PM me.

One tip, get to know the trim switch, especially if you have a short throw joystick with a spring. That way you can keep movements of the cyclic to the minimum. Constant trimming in the landing sequence is the key for me.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

me me i wana be a chicken hawk

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

0405 Andrew wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 09:23 Like all the modules, it's practice. I'm no expert but would be very happy to have a 1 on 1 session on take off and landings. I'm usually on one of the main servers at around 5.30 am over the weekend. Or PM me.

One tip, get to know the trim switch, especially if you have a short throw joystick with a spring. That way you can keep movements of the cyclic to the minimum. Constant trimming in the landing sequence is the key for me.
I'm a bit confused by the trim. There appears to be 2 trim buttons
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

0405 Andrew
Site Admin

Post by 0405 Andrew »

Force trim sets the trim to where you are holding the cyclic, the other resets it to centre (which is not a stable hover).

Do you fly with the control indicator interface (Rctrl+Enter)? This shows where your controls are at any given point.

If you press the force trim button this will centre YOUR cyclic to this new position. So once you press the force trim button, let go of cyclic and centre your physical stick.

When you pick up in a 5ft hover, get stable and then press force trim (with experience you'll know where this before picking up(and let go of cyclic)). Look where your control indicator interface is showing. You now roughly know where your cyclic should be positioned to get you in a hover. For a 40 knot speed move the stick forward, press force trim and then let go of cyclic, remember if you don't you'll be going more like 80 KTS as the cyclic has been reset to the centre in the huey.

So for a landing, you know where the stick should be positioned with the force trim, which is at the point you know where a stable hover is (That's not the centre of the cross). From 100 kts, you would use force trim several times to get your cyclic back to centre.

I hope that makes sense... Well worth reading through the Chuck's guide too.
0405 ANDREW

"Andrew, you are right"
Image ImageImage Image

john (scooby)

Post by john (scooby) »

0405 Andrew wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 12:22 Force trim sets the trim to where you are holding the cyclic, the other resets it to centre (which is not a stable hover).

Do you fly with the control indicator interface (Rctrl+Enter)? This shows where your controls are at any given point.

If you press the force trim button this will centre YOUR cyclic to this new position. So once you press the force trim button, let go of cyclic and centre your physical stick.

When you pick up in a 5ft hover, get stable and then press force trim (with experience you'll know where this before picking up(and let go of cyclic)). Look where your control indicator interface is showing. You now roughly know where your cyclic should be positioned to get you in a hover. For a 40 knot speed move the stick forward, press force trim and then let go of cyclic, remember if you don't you'll be going more like 80 KTS as the cyclic has been reset to the centre in the huey.

So for a landing, you know where the stick should be positioned with the force trim, which is at the point you know where a stable hover is (That's not the centre of the cross). From 100 kts, you would use force trim several times to get your cyclic back to centre.

I hope that makes sense... Well worth reading through the Chuck's guide too.
i actually think i mostly understood that lol
XI(F) Sqn 2ic
Image Image

maggsy

Post by maggsy »

I was doing fine until somebody mentioned Trump then it all went bad ...
But please put me down I really enjoyed it ... I like those gusy in the back they fire when you tell em too and the others bugger off when told ... much like old times without the doing as they are told bit ...
Flight Lieutenant Steve "maggsy" Maggs - RAFAir UK
ImageImage

Mutley

Post by Mutley »

ok i dont seem to me on the list , dispite asking

Return to “UH-1H Huey - BelSimTek”