L-39C

Teddy

L-39C

Post by Teddy »

Apparently the navigation equipment works fine in the L-39C, anyone worked how to use it yet?

David Lindau

Re: L-39C

Post by David Lindau »

Nope,
I think it the RSBN only works on specific Russian airports. I was using RSBN channel # of documents focused on MIG21, which I think might be a bad idea as I read somewhere that Leatherneck had taken parts of it into their own hand. Probably in order for it to work with Georgian airfields as-well.

Let me know when you figure it out. ;)

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Not yet, but all the beacon frequencies are on the downloadable beacon map, downloadable here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/588673/

You just need to check they have been allocated to channels in the mission editor before starting the mission.

As for the twiddly knob thingies - not looked at that yet.
Group Captain Neil Willis - RAF Air UKImageImage
ImageImageImage

Flyco
Site Admin

Post by Flyco »

I think I'm going to have to re-write the manual, in a language that I can understand, before I get heavily into this aircraft - although it does look nice.
However, my initial runs suggest that it operates at a very slow FPS - anyone else noticed this?
Wing Commander Alan Johnson - RAFAir UK
Image Image Image Image

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Me and Keith got the NDB beacons figured out. So yeah they work. ;)

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

Flyco wrote:my initial runs suggest that it operates at a very slow FPS - anyone else noticed this?
Not experienced any issues with it on my system Alan, apart from having to double press some buttons.
ImageImageImage

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Apparently the Duel Controls are working now in the L-39C!! Woop

Neil Willis
Site Admin

Post by Neil Willis »

You have control...

Excellent news - seems we can go ahead and get a proper training syllabus implemented.

All we need now is NTTR on the server, and we'll be ready to rock n roll!
ImageImageImage

David Lindau

Post by David Lindau »

Nice to hear, to bad I can't install any modules at the moment. :lol:

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Tips for navigation in Nevada with the L-39, this should allow you to dead reckon your way around.

"An easy way on take-off line up :-
1. Without the RSBN-5 NAV channel tuned to a station ie Channel 01
2. Use the RSBN-5 'Azimuth/Distance Initial Setting' switches and set the RSBN-5 needle pointing down the runway and the distance to 1-2 km.
3. You can now use the airfield as a 'bullseye'
4. The RSBN-5 will give bearing and distance from the manually entered point wherever you are.
5. As there are no RSBN-5 'correction' signals, it's less accurate but good enough for 'dead reckoning'.
You can also set any point on the map while in flight but it's easier/more accurate to setup whilst still on the ground. "

OR IN MORE DETAIL

"These are the steps for a simple navigation using the RSBN in manual, RSBN in manual +ARK and finally RSBN in auto mode.

Navigation with the 39 using different systems.
From Anapa to the Bay of Gelendzhik, to Smolenskaya and landing at Krymsk.

1st leg: Anapa to Gelendzhik Bay: RSBN in manual mode, no land signal from a station.
With the plane started, we set the RSBN distance via the distance selector: 72km and set the azimuth via the azimuth selector: 132º
We´ve got indications of heading (HSI) and distance (the drum counter bellow the HSI)
If we follow the indications, we reach the Gelendzhik bay.

2nd leg: Gelendzhik – Smolenskaya. Using RKL-41 and RSBN in manual mode.
We tune the ADF of Smolenskaya (662) and set the distance from Gelendzhik bay (68km) and estimated heading (63º)
We can navigate with the RKL-41 and with HSI indications and distance indication.

3rd leg: Smolenskaya – Krymsk. RSBN in automatic mode with a land signal.
We tune Krymsk RSBN (28) and PRMG (26), distance is computed automatically. We also tune Outer (408) and Inner beacons (803) for a more precise approach. ADF in auto mode.

Remenber that the Auto mode only change between Outer and inner Beacons automatically IF you are in path AND landing gear is down.
If these parameters are not meeting the ADF will point to the outer station for a new approach.

Contact Krymsk for the active Runway. Landing with SDU mode connected for a moving marks in the ADI.

Sorry for my english.

Tarres"

Return to “L-39C Albatross - ED”